Unable to fetch Client ID, Client Name, Client Country from ACME website

Hi Guys !
I am unable to get the Client ID, Client Name, Client Country from ACME website, I have tried Get Text Activity , Get Full Text, Screen Scraping everything but nothing seems to be working…everytime i am getting Null value in the output variable …i even searched the forum but no one has faced similar issue. pls advice …attached below are the screen shots

Pls help.

Thanks

1 Like

Hope this could help you

Cheers @Devjyoti_Bhattachary

1 Like

Hi Palaniyappan,
sorry i guess i didnt explain my issue clearly…will try again…
My problem is not string manipulation…my problem is that with ‘Get Text’ Activity or “Get Full Text” Activity or “Screen Scraping” I am unable to capture the value from screen into the output variable…the output variable is of generic type…when i use Get Text /Get Full Text i get Null in the output variable. if i use screen scraping, i get the following value…this value is nowhere on the screen (refer to the below screenshot)

i may face probelm with stirng manipulation later but i should get the value in the variable first then i can proceed to string operations…
hope i am clear this time…

1 Like

Hello @Devjyoti_Bhattachary.
May be you could try to use a getVisibleText activity to extract each fragment of data, for example, if I want to extract the client ID I would try to extract the text with a getVisibleText activity and store the result in a variable or an argument. For example, in your image, I would use the getVisibleText to the client ID XX97615.

Hope it helps, have a great day!

1 Like

Thanks Juan, I did try Get Visible Text…in a seperate program just to test if it works correctly and was happy to see that it did work…but my happiness didnt last long…when i tried same piece of code in my original program…but i have figured out the problem - the probelm is the page “Client Information Details” doesnt have a Unique selector, so insead of picking the data from this page it goes to “ACME-Workitem” Page which is also in open state…and picks the first line - i realized it when i used the Highlight option to see where is it picking the text from. if the ACME workitem page is closed then it picks the Client Informtaion correctly.

now i am trying to see if there can be a unique selector to identify this page…
thanks for your inputs…it did give me some direction to explore more…
I am wondering how no one faced this issue…
do you have any idea how to find unique selector for the page.

screenshot - Uipath robot is highlighting this area…if ACME Workitem page is open

when i close the ACME WorkItem page only then it highlights the correct area

1 Like

I can not find a unique selector for the ACME-Client information Detail page. all properties are same in both ACME Workitem and Client Information page. I am thinking of using URL …url for ACME Workitem is - ACME System 1 - Log In
and ACME Client Information detail page is - ACME System 1 - Log In (where 920996 is WIID) so i am thinking of using URL , now this WIID keeps changing, so i want to use a variable/parameter to be passed in selector in URL…i am unable to do so …when i am passing a variable type string in URL , the selector becomes invalid. is there any way to pass a variable in URL in selector …below is the screen shot -

this is where i populate my variable URL(which is type String) with concatenated “ACME System 1 - Log In
+
WIID (which is variable)

now attaching window -

the selector of the window is -

i want to pass my variable here in url…
How can i do it? any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Devjyoti_Bhattachary

Yes, You can easily pass the work item number to your URL. When you want to navigate to the work item detail page, you simply need to use the Navigate To activity. Here in the activity, you can prepare your URL with string variables. I have attached a sample workflow which I have used when developing this assignment some time back. Here I have passed the URL and the item number through arguments.

Check it out, you’ll get the idea…

System1_NavigateTo_WIDetails.xaml (6.8 KB)

3 Likes

Perfect!!! it worked…I am able to retrieve the client information, using - Navigate to and then “Get Visible Text”. Thanks a Zillion!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.