Can you please resolve this bug, since any valid expression should be able to be evaluated in the Watch panel? I use the Watch panel extensively when creating algorithms. This is really important. Also, the application should be reliable.
I am trying to simply evaluate the Groups of a Match, but it won’t evaluate unless I use the parent object along with the index. Turns out it works when executed, but doesn’t evaluate in the Watch panel.
Steps to reproduce:
- create a Regex Expression such as “(.*)” and get the Matches using Matches Activity (put into ‘myMatches’ variable) on any text such as “foo”
- Add Foreach activity (with Match as type) looping through ‘myMatches’
- put ‘myMatch’ to keep track of which match you are on.
- put ‘myIndex’ to keep track of which index you are on.
- add any WriteLine activity inside Foreach and put breakpoint on it.
put this expression: myMatch.Groups.Value
- Debug File
- The value written to Output panel shows “foo”, meaning the expression is valid.
- Add Watch for both of the following expressions:
- These two expressions should be showing the same value…
myMatches.ElementAt(myIndex).Groups Value shows the value
myMatch.Groups Value shows → “Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation”