Unable to detect anchor for a button that I want to click

Hi, I have a simple task of clicking the play button in windows performance monitor, it asks me to set an anchor for which I set the drop down list on the left hand side of the monitor.
It is giving me an error activity timeout exceeded. Can someone help me with what I am doing wrong.
I have the wait for ready property set to complete. It is also able to detect the anchor correctly when I click highlight.
I have attached an image for reference.

Hi @shreyank
Kindly increase the TimoutMS property in the find element activity inside the anchor with some time milleseconds value and actual default value is 30000 millisecond, 30 seconds
Cheers @shreyank

Hi @Palaniyappan, thank you for your prompt reply, I increased the timeout value to 60 seconds but it still gave me the error that it exceeded the time limit and could not find the anchor.

Make the waitforready property to Interactive or None…
mentioning Completer makes the bot to wait till all the elements get loaded completely…
So let’s make it as none and try with the TimOutMS as 40000

Cheeers @shreyank

Hi @shreyank,
Not sure if you could resolve this issue.

I have a very basic question here :-why do you have to go for the drop down on the left as anchor which makes the bot behavior erratic instead you can make any static text around the play button or the elements around the play button as anchor ?

Also,if you are looking to click on the play button only if the left hand side dropdown loads then you can have a separate element exist over that area and then make a click on the play button.

Hi @Palaniyappan, I tried changing the time out and wait for ready option to none and interactive but it did not help in either case, it still timed out and was unable to find and click the button.

Hi @Indrajit_Banerjee, I changed the anchor to a button beside it, or static text below it but it still failed to find the button before the time out. Also the application is already loaded in the background therefore I believe the robot can still perform the task since entire application is loaded in back ground.
I think I am fundamentally missing something, if you have some tutorial that explains how to properly perform the button clicking activity in a windows application then can you send me a link to it?

Hi @shreyank,

Are you trying to work with the Performance monitor screen shown below?f yes i can try out clicking the play button and share with you some insights.

Also as a workaround ,if you are unable to work with anchors you can pass hotkey ctrl+f over this window which will play the performance.

Hi @Indrajit_Banerjee, yes I am working with the performance monitor and I want to click the play button, it would be great if you could try it out and share some insight on it, over what I might be doing wrong.
Can you explain a bit more over what you meant by passing the hot key ctrl+f over the window cause I don’t think that shortcut triggers the play button.
Thank you very much for your help.

Hi @shreyank,
So if you hover over the play button ,you can see Ctrl+f being shown which is the shortcut to play the performance.