Unable to connect to the remote server

Still getting intermittent error with Orchestrator.
“Get Credential: Unable to connect to the remote server”

Recently upgraded to 2020.10.4 (both Orchestrator and Robots), but still get encounter this issue. Prior we were on 18.4.3 and never had an issue, then upgraded to 19.10.x and that is when this issue started to occur. Was hoping that it would resolve itself when upgrading to 2020.10.4, but that is not the case.

Event Viewer:
“UiPath.Service.UserHost 20.10.4.0” AND “Session ending: Logoff”

UiPath.Service.Host 20.10.4.0
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to resource is denied: Error connecting to https://uiorchestrator.xxxxxx.xxx/identity/.well-known/openid-configuration. An error occurred while sending the request… —> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. —> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 1xx.xx.xx.xx:443

Hi @Scott_Taylor,
Have you tried to contact with our Technical Support?

Yes, when we initially started to have connection issues between Automations & Orchestrator (timeouts & task was cancelled) we engaged Support from both UiPath and Microsoft. Microsoft because we wanted to rule out Network (Traffic/Connection) issues, which they did. We were then left with UiPath, but with all Trace & Event Logging, they were never able to pin-point anything, but yesterday I noticed these Windows Event Logs which had not seen before. Figured they were showing up after the upgrade to 2020.10.4.
Overall, still seems to be Orchestrator related as it is not responding as it should for HTTP Request. Not sure of Orchestrator directly or maybe it could be IIS ?
Given that others have posted in the Forum about having same type issues with Orchestrator related Activities (Get Credentials of Assets), I am thinking there is something internally going on within Orchestrator.

Oh, I did find one interesting posting from someone also experiencing same type issue, he stated the following:

In our case entering the company proxy information in UiPath.service.host.exe.config and nuget.config and restarting the service sorted the issue which started after upgrading to version 2019.4.2 of UiPath

1 Like

If you will find any information which can help, please also let support team know about it as well :slight_smile: It may speed-up a little eventual solution.

These days I’m also having this issue. I have the enterprise license and the get credentials activity fails intermittently. Due to this reason entire process fails. Here is the error screens.
Capture

Is there any work around for this problem. In my case, I have already configured the proxy settings and the activities are running using on a remote server using an unattended bot.

Only workaround that I am aware of is to wrap the “Get Credential” Activity within a RETRY Activity. Typically I set the Retry for 3-to-5 times and the interval for 3-to-5 seconds.

1 Like