Unable to click “YES” on Windows UAC popup while installing/uninstalling the application from control panel.
Can you please try the below and let us know?
- Click on the Windows logo to restart the PC.
- Hold and press the Shift key and select Restart .
- This will boot you into the Windows Recovery Environment.
- Select Troubleshoot .
- Click on Advanced options .
- Select Command Prompt .
- Choose an account to continue.
- Type the following command to enable the built-in administrator:
net user administrator /active:yes
- Hit Enter to execute the command.
- Reboot the PC and use the built-in administrator to troubleshoot the issue.
- Press Windows + R key once you boot into the desktop.
- Type the command netplwiz to open User Account settings.
- Select the account where the Yes option in User Account Control is missing.
- Click on Properties > Group Membership .
- Click on the Administrator radio button.
- Select Apply , and click on OK .
- Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.
Alternatively, you can look into the below video as well.
Hope this will be helpful. Thank you.
Are we trying to perform this with automation using UiPath
If so then there are two simple activities to click on that button
We can use normal click activity or Send hot key activity with enter as key
Or if it is not accessible as a individual element then we can try with Click image or computer vision activities