Unable to click on searched item on Webpage for e.g. Amazon or Flipkart

Hi Friends,

I am trying create a bot which will pick an item from Excel sheet and search it in Amazon or Flipkart website. After searching an item bot needs to click on item from search result and capture the details of the item.

Query: I am not able to click on item after search result is displayed. below is selector code i am trying

<webctrl aaname=’"+products.Item(“Product Name”).ToString+"'tag=&H2 />

products.item is used for fetching the product name from excel using data table named (productdata) with for each loop

Can someone pls help me in this

2 Likes

Hi @Harshad_Jadhav
Try Ui explorer and select live element with appropriate HTML attribute.
Select similar attribute or find element by anchor base activity.
Target text changing the location that why you are not able to click…what I understood…

1 Like

Thanks for your prompt response.

But i am not sure which item should be selected in Anchor base. I did tried this before but this works only once i guess for one session. Next time when loop executed with different product it again failed.

Whan i understood from my research and few posts already for similar issues that i need to use above code but in my case it is also not working after tweaking and all.

1 Like

@Harshad_Jadhav

get anchor base activity…drag the anchor as find element and other activity as click.

also check selector in explorer as this is failing due to selector.

hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

What are the properties of the click activity you are using ?

1 Like

<webctrl aaname=’ “products.Item(“Product Name”).ToString” 'tag=H2 />

This selector i am using under click property. Where products.item is used for fetching the product name from excel using data table named (productdata) with for each loop

I had already tried ur suggestion and yes i am facing issue with Selectors only. I am not sure whether this can be achieved or not.

1 Like

Hi @Harshad_Jadhav

Try the activity I have explained above and the while indicating the selector use UI explore and attach it to live. After that find similar HTML attributes and use those in selectors.

Hope this will resolve your problem :blush: