Unable to click links on desktop application

Hi All ,

By using Click action, unable to click links on “Symantec Endpoint Protection” desktop application. Below screen shot represents the same. Kindly help me.

1 Like

I guess Symentic Endpoint Protection is pop up window, Can you tried to set focus or make it current window on this window before click

Thanks pawan for quick reply,
But , “Set Focus” is unable to capture the popup. Kindly suggest me.

Hey @pkumar
I just tried to click on ‘Status’ & ‘Scan for Threats’ links in my system and it worked perfectly fine.

Have you installed Java Plugin?
Whats the issue you are facing? Are you not able to identify those elements?
Did you try using an ‘Attach Browser’ container and then adding those click activities inside that.?
I would suggest you to cross check your selectors and make sure they are dynamic enough to identify those elements everytime you open it.

Let me know if its till not working.

Thanks,
Rammohan B.

1 Like

Hi Rammohan,
Thanks for reply, I am very new to Uipath.
1.I have installed java plugin.
2. Unable to identify the elements on symantec popup.
3.I have tried using “Attach Window” container.
I am not sure, how to configure selectors dynamically. Can you please help me to identify elements in symantec popup.

Thanks,
Pavan Kumar
E: pavan.mancha@gmail.com

1 Like

Hey @pkumar,

Here are some selectors:

Attach Browser:
"<wnd app='symcorpui.exe' title='* - Symantec Endpoint Protection' />"
(For Symantec app, title changes everytime you click on any link and if your selector is not dynamic enought it would not identify the elements inside your container until and unless title is changes. Hence to achieve this, selector has been made dynamic by replacing the initial word with ‘*’)

Click for Scan for threats:
"<wnd title='Scan for Threats' />"

Click for Status:
"<wnd title='Status' />"

Attached is the workflow with which i am successfully able to perform actions on Synamtec Endpoint Protection.
SymantecClicks.xaml (10.0 KB)

Let me know if its still not working.

Note: Also make sure that you are not using full selectors for click activities again. It may contain the titles with different value which may not work if you wont make it dynamic.

Thanks,
Rammohan B.

1 Like

Hi Rammohan,
Thanks a lot for valuable information !
I have followed the same.
Attach Browser:
<wnd cls='SymCorpUIMainWindowClass' title='* - Symantec Endpoint Protection'/>
Just FYI: If i use app=‘SymCorpUI.exe’ instead of cls=‘SymCorpUIMainWindowClass’, I am getting exception like “SelectorNotFoundException”.

Click for Scan for Threats:
<wnd title='Scan for Threats' />

I am not getting any error , but unable click on “Scan for Threats”. Can you please help me on this.

Below screenshot represents workflow.

Thanks,
Pavan Kumar M
C:9110668232

1 Like

That’s Strange. Just wanted to check again, are you able to automate any other desktop applications with uipath studio?

Thanks,
Rammohan B.

Just now i have opened, given some information and saved the text file (Notepad) , used Attach window for click on file and save links. Working fine.

In Symantec application case ,UiPath Explorer unable to validate the selectors for “Symantec window” and as well as for “Scan for Threats” link with in the window. I felt it might be the reason. Can you please provide any solution.

Below screenshot represents the same.

Thanks,
Pavan Kumar M
C: 9110668232

Hey @pkumar,

This is very strange and interesting. Can you please attach your workflow? I would like to run that in my system.

Thanks,
Rammohan B.

Hi Rammohan,

Please find attached workflow doc.
SymantecScanDemo.xaml (9.1 KB)

if required,Kindly suggest me the changes.
Thanks,
Pavan Kumar M
C:9110668232

Ok. So again. Your workflow works for me. Can you try by adding a ‘Highlight’ & ‘Find Activity’ activity right before the click activity for ‘Scan for Threats’ with the same selector as ‘Click’.

Thanks,
Rammohan B.

Hi Rammohan,

Followed the same , but still unable to click on “Scan for Threats”.
I am using community edition (.exe Installer) ,is this an issue here?

Thanks,
Pavan Kumar M