Unable to capture upload confirmation id (generate yearly report - assignment 3)

Hi Guys,
I am stuck at one point in Assignment 2 - generate yearly report in RPA. the issue i am facing is - when i Select Consolidated Yearly Report and Click on “Upload Report”. I get this popup with confirmation Id. I am not able to capture the confirmation id, the reason is - popup doesnt have any unique selector. I have tried “Get Text”, “Get OCR Text” “image exist” but none is able to give me the output.

Pls advice.

Thanks.

******adding some more details to my earlier post ******

below are the images - i first click on upload report and latter check if the popup appears using “Image Exists” activity

if the image exists then i call “Get Visible Text” acitvity

this is where i get runtime error saying get visible text acitivity error

pls advice.

thanks

Try using Internet Explorer, you will have a selector and very easy to capture the ID @Devjyoti_Bhattachary

use key stocks

Hi Hareesh,
I developed all workflow with chrome as chrome is faster. But then after you suggested I tried just this peice of upload report workflow in IE but even there i could not get a unique selector, it picks the entire “attach browser” , ‘web - acme-upload report’ as selector.

pls advice.

Hi Pradeep,
Could you pls elaborate how can i use key strokes to capture the confirmation Id.

Thanks.

@Devjyoti_Bhattachary Use while condition than hotkey activity it is keystocks
use sendhotkey activity for copy the text and use clip board and do the split

@Devjyoti_Bhattachary

Use IE Browser.
you can use IE only that workflow
Note: just open the Upload Yearly Report page in IE

Thanks

is it okay if i use IE for that workflow ??? cause i am using chrome for workflows prior and after this workflow…

It’s not recommended to use a different browser for a project but to complete this assignment you can do that.

now if you change all workflow with IE, it’s a waste of time so change only that workflow

Okay thanks.

1 Like

Thanks @pradeepRPA, @HareeshMR, @sandeep13
for your time and advice, I am able to capture confirmation id using solutions provided below -

Cheers!!!

2 Likes

@Devjyoti_Bhattachary the above solution is good but i have a another solution chose the best one follow bellow file and check Attach Browser before using
CopyThePopupText.xaml (21.1 KB)