Unable to authenticate using credentials via Swagger UI

Hello everyone,

I have been trying for a while to authenticate myself against UIPath cloud platform but been unable to authenticate successfully. I have a couple of questions based on the following picture below:

1. For “usernameOrEmailAddress” field, are you supposed to use “admin” or the email address?

2. When making the platform request call, do you need to use the blue and red line when doing it outside of Swagger UI?

3. What is the name of my tenant? Is it the red lines in the picture, or is it something else?
    Since I signed up using my email, I have not been able to find where my actual tenant name is located, let alone be able to define what the tenant name is. Could somebody please show me where I can find it in the Platform GUI?

4. Is the password same as my email login or is it something else?

Thanks for any help in advance.

P.S. This is not about how it can be used in Swagger, this is about basic authentication using the accounts authentication API. I just found that the id for my tenant is 143132 but tenancy name is set to null. How do I configure the tenant name?

Added picture for context, taken from swagger:

Best regards,

Max

Hi @MaxT

Check this post
#FeatureBlog - 19.4 - SOAP and Swagger (based REST services for Library projects)

Thanks
Ashwin.S

Hello AshwinS2,

See my update on the post.

Best regards,

Max

Hi @MaxT

Welcome to our UiPath Forum! :slight_smile:

Well, actually, if it’s the platform.uipath.com we are talking about, then the authenticate endpoint is no longer viable. See the docs here:
https://orchestrator.uipath.com/v2019/reference#consuming-cloud-api

For ease, please check out my post here. I made a robot that goes through steps from that docs guide as well as has a few workflows to show you how to authenticate using the cloud api:

1 Like

Hi @loginerror,

Thank you for the response and help. I did manage to successfully authenticate using the link you provided.

Is it possible to perform other API queries from the cloud uipath platform, such as this query below:

Robot requests

Best regards,

Max

Of course! :slight_smile: The only thing that changed is that it is no longer a bearer token that you need, but rather a set of headers to authenticate as seen here:
https://orchestrator.uipath.com/v2019/reference#section-making-orchestrator-api-calls

In my project you will see an example of the API call as well.

2 Likes

Yep, it works. Thanks for the help!

1 Like