Unable to add timestamp while saving the file

one question, do you have anythiing inside that folder? I mean is the document you are trying to save is in the folder which just got created?

1 Like

Here the input is folder, not the file name.
Here you can’t directly edit the file name.

Just mention the folder path. Once the attachment is saved then use rename file activity.

2 Likes

there is an attachment bro inside it.

do we have rename file activity.

yes bro… as @KarthikByggari just mentioned, that property defines the folder which you need to store the files. So you will need to use another activity just below it to rename the files in the name you want.

After the save attachments, use the Move File activity to rename it. For the source forlder and the destination folder, give the same folder. However, for the destination make sure to use the new file name you need :slight_smile:

2 Likes
3 Likes

Did that work buddy

Cheers @balkishan

1 Like

will inform once work bro

1 Like

only one activity is there??

1 Like

Yes… that’s the activity. Set the source and the destination. Source is your file in the folder and the destination is the file with the new name. But the path is the same

1 Like

couldn’t able to see the rename file activity. @Lahiru.Fernando

Yes bro. Move file can act as the rename. It can actually move and also rename

2 Likes

I think we have any dedicated activity to rename a file.
But when I give the destination folder in a Move Activity it show the same that path is not correct.

@Lahiru.Fernando

Yea… there is no specific activity that renames it. The move activity is the one we use to rename a file. What happens with this activity is that we give the source and the destination. Then it moves the file to that location. The interesting part here is, you can set the source to one file and the destination along with a new file name pointing to the same folder where the source is. Then it will remove the original file from there and rename it and copy it to the same location with a new name :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does the time stamp variable have any special characters as we discussed above? If so we will need to replace it.

1 Like

No bro, Now see it make the file like this, It was a image only but i try to move into the Image folder but it doesn’t move.

You forgot to add the file extension bro. That’s why it’s coming like that. Add the extension and it will be fine.

Can you print the value you have in dest_image variable and see whether it has the image folder in the path?

1 Like

@balkishan

You have a “*” here in the path :slight_smile:

Remove it and see how i works.

1 Like

Another problem. See the two circled paths. The folder path is the same. So for the second path add a slash after the “Images” word to make sure it redirects to images folder…

Something like this
C:\OutlookEmail\Images<Your file name.jpg>

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.