UiRobot runs older version even after updating/installing the latest version

Hey UiPathians,

I published a new workflow yesterday with version 1.0.1.
This version had an extra activity(which I included for testing purposes and was not supposed to be a part of the published workflow.)
I therefore removed the extra activity and published again(ofcourse, after saving)
The new version 1.0.2 was clearly visible on orchestrator and even on the UiRobot tray icon. But when this schedules workflow ran today, it picked up the older version, conpletely ignoring the main change of v1.0.2.

I have updated/saved/published various versions earlier but never faced this issue. Is this due to the new released Community version(19.9)?
Or anything that I may be missing?

Hi @Akanksha_Varshney,
Can you show your package settings in Orchestrator?

Hi @Pablito,

Thanks for looking into.
Below is what I believe you asked for - but please let me know if this is incorrect:

Yes it’s exactly what I asked :slight_smile: So seems that currently you have version 1.0.5 set as active. Is this the version which robot show you in tray? If not, try to reconnect robot with Orchestrator. Please also check if you are using proper link. If it’s Community Orchestrator please refer to this:

Thanks @Pablito!

Yes - the same version is reflected in the Tray icon as well.

FWIW - I deleted the whole package/reset everything from scratch/reconnected robot in an attempt to solve the weird issue but nothing worked out.

Thanks for sharing the article on the new format of URL!
Even though the old format was not throwing any error for me, I updated to what you suggested in the linked post.

After refreshing everything, Robot is still running the old version - which is now even deleted from Orchestrator! :expressionless:

Based on this screen seems that package versions between Orchestrator and Robot are correct. Can you download this package from orchestrator and open it in studio to check it it’s really the same package?

Hey @Pablito,

I downloaded the nupkg from orchestrator but somehow am unable to look into the code behind the downloaded package
Looked into the following posts for ideas, but unable to proceed after installing the package:
Post 1
Post 2

I can see it under packages but how to access the xaml?

PS: This is for the first time am doing this!

1 Like

Just saw your comment here - found the answer to the query raised above!
Thank you!

1 Like

I am also facing the same issue, I realized today by logs that in production my old version of uipath code is running. Why this is happening. I have activated new version in orchestrator, then why old one is working.

Same issue here…
I am using Community Edition.

I found a bug in the deployed version of my process, I fixed it in Studio, re-published, updated the process to the latest package, but the UiPath Agent is still running the old version no matter what I try. I checked the process version and it is matching the latest version in Orchestrator (e.g. 1.05 instead of 1.0).

I even added a test activity with a dummy Messagebox, and I validated it exists in the XAML in Orchestrator, but when I run the process from UiPath Agent it ignores it and keeps running the old version. Even deleting the process and the whole package and re-publishing it from scratch didn’t solve the issue!

Any suggestion please?

Hi dear, did you manage to solve this issue?

I was having the same issue this morning, Enterprise Edition v2019.4.5. Here’s how I resolved it:

  • Completely delete the process and package from Orchestrator

  • Open the project.json file in Notepad and change the name

  • Publish the new package from Studio

  • Upload the new package to Orchestrator

That was the only way I could get around it. Not great since I had to sacrifice my version history in Orchestrator to be able to get it to run on the new package.

I found a bug that might be useful.
At one time I had published versions 1.0.1 - 1.0.14 of one of my bots.
I had updated the Project file at some point, and went back to version 1.0.3 (maybe a system reset or something.)
But I found that when I pushed the “next version” like 1.0.4, the UiPath Assistant already had a saved version of 1.0.4 in its files. So it didn’t bother trying to download the new version that I had published, because a folder with the same version was already in its files.

Heres the bad part. I dont remember where UiPath Assistant keeps its downloaded versions, so I can’t help you there, but once I removed the files, it went out and grabbed the new published version that I was wanting to run.