UiPathTeam.Encryption.Activities

This nuget package can be used to encrypt/decrypt a file or a string. It uses “Rijndael Alogrithm” for encryption and decryption.

Package: UiPathTeam.Encryption.Activities
Author: @Priya_Dubey

4 Likes

Question to the author @Priya_Dubey Since it uses Rjindael Algorithm, it needs a cipher key, but I don’t see any option to set one.

Does it use a fixed key to encrypt/decrypt strings? This may be a dumb question, but isn’t that dangerous?

@Renan_Kataoka Yes you are right.At this moment the cipher key is fixed in the package itself. however i will be updating the package with a new version that will be available very soon in Gallery repository.

Thanks!
Priya

1 Like

Priya,

Thanks for the reply. Waiting forward for the update.

HI,
I wanted to know if texts or files can be encrypted using AES128,AES256,AES192,CAST5,BLOWFISH algorithms. Kindly guide me for all of them in case these algorithms can be worked upon in UiPath.
Regards,
Rashi

1 Like

@Priya_Dubey : Do you have news on the indicated update? The activity itself works perfect, but I would need to individualize the cipher key for security reasons. Regards, Florian

Hi @fzi
Please find the updated package here which has configurable cipher key. https://go.uipath.com/component/file-and-text-encryption

Thanks
Priya

Hi @Priya_Dubey,
I have issue with TripleDES method can you please help me to resolve that issue.

i want to know on which bases TripleDES method is working in Background.

Hi @shyamm

This Package uses Rijndael Algorithm for encryption and decryption. Are you trying to use some other package here?

Thanks
Priya

No, I’m using TripleDES method do you anything about it.while using that algorithm i’m unable to decrypt the encrypted text

Hi @shyamm

I am not sure of the exact issue that you are facing. However i would request you to use below package for file/text encryption which provides multiple encryption algorithm support including TripleDES . This comes out of the box with UiPath Studio.

Hope this helps!

Thanks
Priya

I used the same activity’s to decrypt the given encrypted text then i’m getting an error like
“Decrypt Text: A cryptographic operation has failed. Please make sure you use the same algorithm and key for both encryption and decryption operations.” i used below code for encryption.

public static string Encrypt(string input)
{

string key = "XXXXXXXXXX";
        byte[] inputArray = UTF8Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(input);
        TripleDESCryptoServiceProvider tripleDES = new TripleDESCryptoServiceProvider();
        tripleDES.Key = UTF8Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes;
        tripleDES.Mode = CipherMode.ECB;
        tripleDES.Padding = PaddingMode.PKCS7;
        ICryptoTransform cTransform = tripleDES.CreateEncryptor();
        byte[] resultArray = cTransform.TransformFinalBlock(inputArray, 0, inputArray.Length);
        tripleDES.Clear();
        return Convert.ToBase64String(resultArray, 0, resultArray.Length);