UiPath Workflow Inspector

Hi All,

I am supposed to customize UiPath Workflow Inspector. I am not able to find out the below points:

1. Is there any way so that I can search for the Project Name? Whether the project name is as per standard or not?
  2. Currently the report generated from Workflow Inspector is in excel file. Can we extract a dashboard out of it? Or anything which is more user friendly.

Can anyone bring some light on it please? Thanks!

There is a backend config file under Config\EN\Checklist.xlsx where you can update how naming conventions are set in XAML files, but beyond that, configuration of your own rules outside of this checklist will require a deep dive into the Inspector. Unfortunately, I was unable to find documentation on how to define your own rules aside from a general idea of where the rules are stored.

As for making a dashboard, I don’t think the Inspector can do this. However, you could create a process which picks up the Excel file and loads it to a dashboard.

2 Likes

Thanks Anthony!

Yes, that’s correct. I have made changes in that checklist only. But not getting anything in the code also to parse for the project name.

Thanks for your help…

Regards,

Ananya

1 Like

Hello!

1. The current implementation doesn’t have any check to see whether the project name follows a pattern, so it’d be necessary to create a check for that. The steps showing the creation of a new check can be found in the manual in the Documentation folder of the Workflow Inspector. I’ll also take that suggestion into account for a future update; thanks for the suggestion!
  2. This is out of the scope of the Workflow Inspector itself, but it should be possible to use the generated report to create visualizations using other tools.

Thanks for the reply.

Actually we were planning to run WI from the robot tray. So not using any other graphical tool.

But yes, as of now, graph or dashboard presentation is not feasible.

Ah, what I meant is that you can use the report as input to another tool at a later moment, not necessarily run it right after the report is created.

For example, you can use the reports created in a given week to get some insight into what are the most common problems reported, which could indicate some topics for trainings of developers.

image001.jpg