I want to upgrade UiPath and related components. If anyone have already done the upgrade or have detailed idea about it. Please let me know. These are the components, version and sequence which I am thinking as of now.
Orchestrator: 2018.1.7 to 2018.4
Database: MS SQL Server 2014 (Repointing, no upgrade)
Studio: 2018.1.4 to 2018.4 (Can download installer and upgrade, clear on this part)
Robots: New License code will be provisioned
Elastic Search: 5.5.2 to 6.5
Kibana: 5.5.2 to 6.5
Any documentation or suggestions would be of great help.
Is this config combination stable now?
Please follow below steps before upgrading Orchestrator:
- Take backup of existing Orchestrator resource files and then go to IIS and shut down the existing Orchestrator instance before installation.
- Now take a backup of the Orchestrator Database as a precaution.
- Start the installation of the Orchestrator using the .msi file and follow the instructions.
- You can choose to link ElasticSearch after the installation is complete so for now you could skip the step.
- Copy following values from the previous web.config file of the 2018.1.7 Orchestrator in the web.config of the new 2018.4.3 version: machineDecryptionKey, Encryption Key. These will help you use the assets that were previously created.
- Since you’re using the same database, the license will be carried forward to the new version too so I’d recommend that you license the new instance with the new license key provided to you.
- After making the changes in the config file, re-start the Orchestrator from IIS and try to login using the login credential from the previous Orchestrator login credential.
This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.