UiPath & unattended license

Hello,
here below the Orchestrator license panel show I’m using one lic (the only one we I have) for a PC called PMBRUPC158 ans that’s correct. What if my colleagues triggering a process on an another machine (not the same time)? We tested and process gonna to fail! So I have to go to this panel and deactivate the license for me to make him work! I come from Blueprism and license management was very clear, if you bought a lic you can use it all the time wherever you want … is this possibile also for UiPath avoid to manual switch from one to another?

Thanks.
Br.
Marco.

@Meli_Marco

Ideally if you create machine templates…then the license should switch…can you try the same…and did you connect the machine using machine key only?

If its one user then this might work

Cheers

Hi Anil,
in the end the indicated computer PMBRUPC158 and a specific user are for my process (who runs a couple of days a week) and I would prefer colleagues do not use it (they have their own), BUT I do not want keep for myself the license all the time (I mean they can take it when I do not need it). How can I configure this scenario ? Have you any reference documentation to share and is it feasible using license in “floating mode”?
Thanks.

@Meli_Marco

If they are physical machines or computers then i dont think you can use automatically…

Ideally if you have host machiens which are of same image and same config…then we cna configure machine templates and can use them parallely …

So for your case I doubt that is possible

https://docs.uipath.com/orchestrator/standalone/2023.4/user-guide/about-machines

https://docs.uipath.com/orchestrator/standalone/2023.4/user-guide/optimizing-unattended-infrastructure-using-machine-templates

Cheers

Hi Anil,
they are all VMs and “cloned” … try right now creating a new machine template associate a new machine PMBRUPC340, but does not work … it wont start and stay pending as you can see below.
Can you say me why ? Tkx.

@Meli_Marco

Did you use the same machine key to connect both the machines?

Cheers

@Anil_G nope by assistant of the second machine I’m connecting via:
Client-ID & Client secret.
Which is the difference ?

@Meli_Marco

Both are fine…I wanted to check if you have used interactive sign in or machine id or client id

So basically both you connected with client id?

Cheers

@Anil_G yes sir …

@Meli_Marco

Goot to know

Few things to confirm

1. Are the robots installed in service mode?
  2. Are both the users assigned as unattended bots?
  3. Are both machines using same template (I hope this is yes)m
    If yes ideally it should work…it would be good…if you can show the setup of machines and bots to check

Cheers