UiPath Studio Upgrade from 19.10.1 to 2020.6.0-beta.93 now fails on Citrix

We just upgraded UiPath Studio from 19.10.1 to Studio 2020.6.0-beta.93 everywhere and also on our Citrix machines. So we have now the same version everywhere.

Everything works fine. We just have an issue now on the both Citrix machines. The issue is that any interaction with other windows or browsers fails.

Steps to reproduce the issue:

1. start process from Orchestrator on a Citrix machine
  2. make sure not to be logged in that Citrix machine via RDP
  3. check the Orch logs
  4. see that it there is an ERROR in the logs when process trying to interact with a window

Steps to fix the issue:

1. start process from Orchestrator on a Citrix machine
  2. make sure to be logged in that Citrix machine via RDP
  3. see that it is working properly

But that solution is no solution as we cannot be connected all the time with RDP to let processes run.

This just happenend since the upgrade. So my idea is that there must be something strange with the new UiPath Assistent. Previously it was called UiPath Robot. Maybe there is some hickhack with that renaming?

And also as info, the issue exists on both Citrix machines. Both were upgraded without any issue.

How to fix that without downgrading?

I think the UiPath Assistant needs to be installed as a Service.

How to do that?

I fixed the issue on my own.

The reason was that I installed Studio instead of Platform installer.

And the Studio installer does not deliver the service that the Server is needing for properly being connected with Orchestrator.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.