UiPath Studio Throwing Pop Up Error

Hi All,

Please assist.

I am having issues with studio, every few seconds I get the below pop up Error:

I have tried to uninstall UiPath and re-installing and I tried deleting the tmp.edb file but it won’t get deleted because another process is using it.

Here is the detailed error message:

20.10.4+Branch.master.Sha.6a6cfd6dfbeb86aec47564af2f9465ef0bf43df4

could not open 'C:/Users/SenzoD/AppData/Local/Comms/UnistoreDB/tmp.edb': The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Error: LibGit2Sharp.LibGit2SharpException: could not open 'C:/Users/SenzoD/AppData/Local/Comms/UnistoreDB/tmp.edb': The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

at LibGit2Sharp.Core.Ensure.HandleError(Int32 result)
   at LibGit2Sharp.Core.Proxy.git_status_list_new(RepositoryHandle repo, GitStatusOptions options)
   at LibGit2Sharp.RepositoryStatus..ctor(Repository repo, StatusOptions options)
   at LibGit2Sharp.Repository.RetrieveStatus(StatusOptions options)
   at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.Services.Core.RepositoryStatusService.RetrieveStatus(String repositoryPath, StatusOptions options, Action`2 sandboxedAction)
   at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.Services.Core.ItemStatusService.UpdateCache(String workingDirectory, String path, IGetStatusOptions options)
   at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.Services.Core.ItemStatusService.GetItemStatusCore(String workingDirectory, String path, IGetStatusOptions options)
   at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.Services.Core.ItemStatusService.<>c__DisplayClass12_0.<GetItemStatusAsync>b__0()
   at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.Services.Core.GitSession.<>c__DisplayClass15_0`1.<ExecuteAsync>b__1(IRepository _)
   at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.Services.Core.GitSession.ThreadSafeExecute[TResult](Func`2 action, Func`1 repoFactory)
   at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.Services.Core.GitSession.<>c__DisplayClass15_0`1.<ExecuteAsync>b__0(CancellationToken _)
   at UiPath.Shared.ProducerConsumerPair.<>c__DisplayClass18_0`1.<StartNew>b__0()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.Services.Core.GitSession.<ExecuteAsync>d__15`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.Services.Core.ItemStatusService.<GetItemStatusAsync>d__12.MoveNext()
   at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.GitSourceControl.<GetItemStatusAsync>d__21.MoveNext()
   at UiPath.Studio.SourceControl.Shared.Services.UI.BaseSourceControlUi`1.<RefreshBadgesAsync>d__35.MoveNext()
   at UiPath.Studio.Shell.SourceControl.SourceControlService.<RefreshBadgesCore>d__38.MoveNext()
   at UiPath.Studio.Shell.SourceControl.SourceControlService.<>c__DisplayClass27_0.<<DocumentService_DocumentModified>b__0>d.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler), HResult -2146233088

Hi @SenzoD

When did this issue started to occur? Was it always there from the moment you’ve installed Studio or did it show up later?

@loginerror

About 2 months ago, I uninstalled studio (Before then it was working fine). When i installed studio again it started showing this error.

Does it happen on all projects, even a new one?

@loginerror ,

Yes it happens on all the projects.

Hi SenzoD,

Can you check if you have any versioning tool installed? I suspect you have a GIT repo added to a shared location (like Desktop, My Documents, etc)

1 Like

@alexandru Hi,

Yes i do have git installed on my computer.

Can you check what repos/folder are you having under git? It is not best practice to have the whole desktop or my documents.

1 Like

@alexandru

I could not find repose but what I did is, uninstall git and restart my computer but the error has not yet gone away. is there anything else i can try maybe?

Sorry for the late reply. Somehow I missed your reply.

Can you check if there is any .git folder in ‘C:/Users/SenzoD/AppData/Local/Comms/UnistoreDB/’ (or in any of the parten folders)? (remember that .git is hidden). Maybe you can search for .git folder and remove the occurences in your shared folders?

1 Like

I have since uninstalled git and after a system restart the pop up seem to have gone away. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.