UipAth studio keeps crashing -due to a critical internal error

UipAth studio keeps crashing, after I have migrated my legacy code to windows., using the link coming on top.
Studio closed the active project due to a critical internal error. You may retry to open the project.

Studio - 2022.10.3

Error: UiPath.Studio.Contracts.RecoverableException: Studio closed the active project due to a critical internal error. You may retry to open the project.
at UiPath.Studio.Project.Client.Ipc.Services.ProcessTerminatedBehavior.HandleProcessTerminatedInternal()
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Services.ProjectProcessController.b__19_0()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.b__128_0(Object state)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler), HResult -2146233088

Hello @goel.saloni

Is it an existing project? If yes, after clicking on the migrate is it migrated to windows from legacy?

Thanks

Yes, It’s an existing project. and migrated it from Leagcy to windows, using the link coming at top of studio

Hi @goel.saloni,

We are having the same issue in 22.4.x and so have moved to 22.10.x yesterday.

This is a very annoying error (observed both on windows version and windows legacy) and we have missed a lot of work because when this error occurs, all the edits made before saving is lost. Version control does not help with this error either.

If you are experience this in 22.10.x as well then we are also worried.

We migrated to 22.10.x and I did not notice this happening yet on the Windows version of project yet.

If this persists today or tomorrow, we will send a ticket on this from the customer portal. Probably you can do the same?

Hey Jeevith, I was getting this error on 22.4.x too, that’s why upgraded and moved to 22.10 2 days ago. I worked well for 2 days, but started showing up from today.
Very annoying indeed.
I am on community edition, so not sure I can raise ticket for this.

Hi @goel.saloni,

Ok I will create a ticket on this issue in the customer portal.

It has started reoccuring in 22.10.X and it is very difficult develop if Studio keeps crashing like this.

‘’ 22.10.3+Branch.master.Sha.def2351dc828ccfbcddb6e9e07c9cf71b5bf55da

Studio closed the active project due to a critical internal error. You may retry to open the project.

Error: UiPath.Studio.Contracts.RecoverableException: Studio closed the active project due to a critical internal error. You may retry to open the project.
at UiPath.Studio.Project.Client.Ipc.Services.ProcessTerminatedBehavior.HandleProcessTerminatedInternal()
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Services.ProjectProcessController.b__19_0()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.b__128_0(Object state)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler), HResult -2146233088 ‘’

1 Like

Thanks, Hopefully this gets resolved.

Hi @goel.saloni and @Rahul_Unnikrishnan

Update

The ticket raised has been escalated to the developers bug tracker and the Customer Support conveyed that they do not have an ETA on the fix and therefore sadly we just have to wait. The ticket will now be set to resolved and the bug tracker takes this issue further.

We really hope this can be fixed, we have 3 developers who have had to redo their work because of this constant interuption in Studio.

Fingers crossed this is resolved soon.

does it happen a lot? we are planning to update our version to 22.10.3 soon from 2021.10

Should we hold off from the new version? :frowning:

Hi @whitestar,

Yes it happens very often. Say around 10 to 15 times a workday. Happens randomly.

I would say wait for 20.10.4 or higher releases. This also happened with 22.10.4 so I uncertain if we do get this resolved.

What I observed is this happens more when you are working on Windows projects and lesser times when working on windows legacy.

Thanks @jeevith for raising the ticket. Can you share the ticket number, so it is easier to track the progress or pls do keep us informed.

Hi @goel.saloni, @Rahul_Unnikrishnan and @whitestar,

I have added this issue as a feedback now. So you could watch this thread for updates.
Studio crashes continuously on 22.4.x and 22.10.x - Feedback / Studio - UiPath Community Forum

1 Like

Hi jeevith, did you resolved it already?

Hi @jeevith, we are also still experiencing this. Do you have any update on this topic whether it has been solved already? Thanks in advance!

Hi @loginerror

We are experiencing the above issue frequently.Do we have any fix for this?

Same here.
We have enough members to start a club :tada:

I have somehow discovered the trigger and the workaround for this “critical internal error” crash.
This usually occurs when there are deeply nested activities such as nested for loops with if else.

The behavior is when you scroll down to the specific sequence that is “corrupted” it loads a bit and will crash. So my temporary workaround for this is to collapse the sequence if you can without triggering a crash or collapse the parent sequence and then move this sequence outside the deeply nested loops or outside the main sequence and then you can expand it safely without crashing. once you are done editing your sequence make sure to collapse it and drag it back to the original sequence. Never expand the corrupted sequence or it will trigger a crash.

Its a very painful and annoying bug but the lesson here is to optimize your code and avoid using deeply nested activities which may trigger this and use invoke workflow instead as best practice.