UiPath.Studio.Contracts.RecoverableException: The project could not be opened

All the options under settings are empty. Does the dev team need anything from me?
Meanwhile, if you can share the link to download UiPath 20.4.3 with me, so that I can continue with work.

And is there any way to stop the automatic updates, as this is 2nd time I have faced such an issue?

@loginerror

I moved the issue to the separate topic for better tracking.

Could you try to view Windows Event Viewer while opening Studio and trying to do the activities that cause exceptions for any extra hints?

When I tried to create a new project under this 20.10 version, it didn’t open as well. The error is as below:

20.10.0+Branch.master.Sha.ccb847e92d7b28021b1e898721fa9f9c1f11d57d

The project ‘D:\Company\UiPath\Trial-Projects\UiPath20.10\TestUiPath20.10\project.json’ could not be opened: Object reference not set to an instance of an object…

Cannot open item: UiPath.Studio.Contracts.RecoverableException: The project ‘D:\Company\UiPath\Trial-Projects\UiPath20.10\TestUiPath20.10\project.json’ could not be opened: Object reference not set to an instance of an object… —> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Settings.Services.WorkflowSettingsService.<>c__DisplayClass42_0.b__2(DashboardToggleSwitchViewModel m)
at UiPath.Studio.App.Desktop.MVVM.Commands.Command2.Execute(TExecuteParameter parameter, Boolean ignoreCanExecuteCheck) at UiPath.Studio.App.Desktop.MVVM.Commands.Command2.Execute(Object parameter)
at UiPath.Studio.App.Desktop.DashboardControls.DashboardControlViewModel.Initialize()
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Settings.SettingsViewModel.InitializeDynamicSettings()
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Settings.SettingsViewModel.SettingsUiService_SettingsChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.SettingsUiService.Register(SettingsLocations settingsLocation, ISettingViewModel settingViewModel, String key)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Project.Settings.DevelopmentProjectSettingsProvider.RegisterSettings(WorkflowProjectModel workflowProjectModel)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Project.DevelopmentProjectFactory.RegisterProjectSettings(WorkflowProjectModel workflowProjectModel)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Shared.Project.BaseWorkflowProjectFactory.d__52.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Shared.Project.BaseWorkflowProjectFactory.d__44.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Shared.Project.BaseWorkflowProjectFactory.d__43.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.PersistableServiceBase3.<OnOpenAsync>d__19.MoveNext() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.PersistableServiceBase3.d__19.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Studio.Core.CommonServices.ProjectServiceBase.d__52.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Studio.Core.CommonServices.ProjectServiceBase.d__52.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.PersistableServiceBase`3.d__10.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Studio.Core.CommonServices.OpenCloseCommandsService.d__23.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Studio.Core.CommonServices.OpenCloseCommandsService.d__21.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Studio.Core.CommonServices.OpenCloseCommandsService.d__19.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass226_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.ViewModels.StartPageViewModel.d__53.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.d__226.MoveNext(), HResult -2146233088

@loginerror @Pablito Can someone look into it very quickly as it has been quite long I couldn’t work with?

Couldn’t find anything related to UiPath on Windows Event Viewer. Any workaround so that I can continue working on the older version of the UiPath?

Do you want me to send the diagnostic report? If YES, please send me your email id or secure channel for communication.

Awaiting your quick response.

No error in Event Viever :frowning:

All settgins are empty…

Also when I delete “UiStudio.v2.settings” the “Welcome to Studio” dialog does not open (like in 20.4.3 version)

@mircea @Pablito @loginerror when do you think we can have some solution/workaround for this issue?

Hi @J0ska and @mrkrunaldoshi. Could you please let us know the following details:

1. What is the Windows OS version and .NET framework version you are using on your machines where you encounter the issue?
  2. What is the Windows OS language you are using?
  3. Can you please run a UiPath.DiagnosticsTool.exe report and attach it here or in a private message to me, @Pablito or @loginerror ? You just need to search the UiPath Diagnostic Tool in the Windows Start bar > open it > then click Next > Collect > Next > Export - then save the .zip file and kindly share it with us.

1. Try to perform a full cleanup again by following the next steps:
  • Uninstall all instances of Studio that you have present on the machines, from the Programs and Folders Windows tab, then cleanup all of the following folders, and then try to install the Studio EXE build downloaded from cloud.uipath.com again:
    rmdir /s /q “C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath”
    rmdir /s /q “C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath Platform”
    rmdir /s /q “C:\Program Files\UiPath”
    rmdir /s /q “C:\Program Files\UiPath Platform”
    rmdir /s /q C:\ProgramData\UiPath
    rmdir /s /q %APPDATA%\UiPath
    rmdir /s /q %APPDATA%\NuGet
    rmdir /s /q %LOCALAPPDATA%\Temp\nuget
    rmdir /s /q %LOCALAPPDATA%\Temp\NuGetScratch
    rmdir /s /q %LOCALAPPDATA%\NuGet
    rmdir /s /q %LOCALAPPDATA%\UiPath
    rmdir /s /q %APPDATA%\Roaming\UiPath`

Let us know if something changes. Thank you.

2 Likes

I think, windows update, cleaning up all the folders, and re-installing UiPath did the trick. It is working for me now. Thanks, @coramia!

I feel this information about removing all the directories, if available somewhere on the forum would be of great help to the developer’s community.

2 Likes

You’re right. Big portion of it was already in this article, but I added a few more paths to it just now:

2 Likes

Hi @mrkrunaldoshi - when you say you downloaded from Cloud and removed from control panel, I have 2 followups here:

• is it possible that you had both an MSI and an EXE install on your machine?
  • If so, did you completely uninstall both?

I uninstalled from Control Panel > Programs and Features, where I found UiPath as below:

I uninstalled with this option and removed all the folders as mentioned here.

I hope this helps you.

1 Like

Hi @mrkrunaldoshi

You also mentioned that you have installed some Windows updates. Could you maybe specify which Windows updates were installed?

They were mostly Security Update and Update for Windows 8.1 for x64 -based systems as below:

Even I am getting the same above issue.

1 Like

Hi @babula_pra, can you please follow these steps and provide us with the DiagTool report? UiPath.Studio.Contracts.RecoverableException: The project could not be opened - #17 by coramia
Thank you so much!

1 Like

Yes. I did those steps. It is working now. But the problem I loose all my preferences.

Hi @babula_pra @J0ska

Please see here for the workaround to the issue of opening your Studio projects and missing settings:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.