UIPath Studio Community Edition doesn't start on Windows10

Hi there,

I’ve run UIPath Studio Community Edition on my windows10 machine for some days, without any trouble, but suddenly the application won’t start when I try. No error message, no dialog box, no UIPath Robot service shown in TaskManager/Services, nothing at all…?!

Has anyone seen this before and found some solution ?

Thanks in advance,
David

Hi @fragtmanden,
What is the file name that u are using the to open the UiPath Studio. Sometime in the start menu the studio setup appears. Check it.

Regards
Balamurugan

I used the Studio and not the setup file - but it seems to be working again after re-installing, so now I just hope that it keeps working and doesnt stop again :slight_smile:

thanks for the feedback.

I am also facing the same problem. Reinstalling is just a workaround. May I know if you already have a permanent solution? Thank you

This is because latest Community version might not have installed properly.
for this go to your “C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\UiPath” here you will see your installed versions like,
“app-18.3.0”,
“app-18.3.1”,
“app-18.3.2”,

go to last but one version my case its “app-18.3.1”, and double click on “UiPath.Studio”.
it will work.

Regards,
Mohammed shakeel M

6 Likes

Same problem UI Path studio won’t open no error message and the “app19.0…”
Work around dosnt work I dont want to have to uninstall and reinstall to fix this.

Go to ‘C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\UiPath’ , you will see folders something like ‘app-20.4.3’ , ‘app-20.6.0-beta0093’ . In my case ‘app-20.6.0-beta0093’ folder has a uipath.studio exe and it doesnt start. Now I use the exe under ‘app-20.4.3’ folder.

Same problem here. Unistalled re-installed. Nothing changed.

################################################################
ERROR LOG 2:
Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 16.09.2020 07:19:30
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: i7-DAW-PC
Description:
Faulting application name: UiPath.Studio.exe, version: 20.10.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f5f9803
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1049, time stamp: 0xc4675baa
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x001144c2
Faulting process id: 0x2520
Faulting application start time: 0x01d68be092338715
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\UiPath\app-20.10.0-beta0320\UiPath.Studio.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: c00217bf-de8c-4eee-a670-1c674c0676e7
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

ERROR LOG 2:
Log Name: Application
Source: .NET Runtime
Date: 16.09.2020 07:19:30
Event ID: 1026
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: i7-DAW-PC
Description:
Application: UiPath.Studio.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ArgumentNullException
at Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.Extensibility.TelemetryConfiguration.set_InstrumentationKey(System.String)
at TelemetryClient.Exporter.ApplicationInsights.ApplicationInsightsExporter+<>c__DisplayClass2_0.<.ctor>b__0(TelemetryClient.Exporter.ApplicationInsights.AppInsightsOutletConfiguration)
at System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary2[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].GetOrAdd(System.__Canon, System.Func2<System.__Canon,System.__Canon>)
at TelemetryClient.Exporter.ApplicationInsights.ApplicationInsightsExporter…ctor(TelemetryClient.Exporter.ApplicationInsights.AppInsightsOutletConfiguration)

Exception Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(System.Object, System.Object, System.Signature, Boolean)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(System.Reflection.BindingFlags, System.Reflection.Binder, System.Object, System.Globalization.CultureInfo)
at TelemetryClient.Implementations.Outlets.OutletFactoriesBuilder+<>c__DisplayClass0_1.b__2()
at System.Lazy1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].CreateValue() at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Lazy1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].get_Value()
at TelemetryClient.Contracts.Templates.EventTemplate.Emit(System.Action`1<TelemetryClient.Contracts.IEvent>)
at UiPath.Studio.Analytics.UiPathAnalyticsProvider.TrackEvent(UiPath.Studio.Analytics.Contracts.AnalyticsEvents, UiPath.Studio.Analytics.Contracts.AnalyticsPropertiesDictionary)
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Analytics.ShellAnalyticsExtensions+d__7.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore+<>c.b__6_1(System.Object)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Looks like occasionally the update doesn’t complete (possibly some kind of snag with beta stuff)? when i compare the version folder which was most recently added with the folder of the most recent version which worked, there’s a lot of discrepancies between the two folders (much less content in the “most recently added” folder).

The fix is:

• run the UiPath.Studio.exe from the folder of the version which most-recently worked
  • Open a project, use it normally, save project then close and exit the studio
  • After that, check the most recent version folder in C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\UiPath - it should have updated and been populated with all the missing files
  • Studio should now run and launch from all the usual places

specifics of my issue (but may or may not be relevant for you):
folder of the version that caused problems app-20.10.0-beta0511
folder of the last-valid version that i was able to launch (and fix) from app-20.10.0-beta0149

Hi,
After 20.10 version, we all get this error. It says UiPath Studio stop working. A problem occurs, please close the programme. Could you please help with this issue?
Thank u
Ekran Alıntısı

I’m encounter issue on starting UiPath Studio after version update to 20.10.1 (community). When clicking studio icon … there is nothing happen?

If Ui Path Studio does not launch, reason could be downloading did not complete properly. Check if recently there is any new version folder created? if yes, then delete the folder and restart the machine. Then you can re-launch it. Try this. I have resolved my issue like this.

Snap : Folder :