UiPath Studio Community Broke My Program (Again)

I have a process that runs powershell, vb scripts and comparison processes and it has broken repeatedly and for no reason I can find other than the application is unstable.

This time my first step is to just Send Hotkey for Win and I am getting this error, “Send Hotkey: Desktop has been disconnected while performing UI actions.”

As much as I loathe it when people tell me that whatever has broken used to work, I’m the one saying it now. Last week, this program ran with no issue.

I have tried changing the Send Hotkey to Click, then indicate the Windows Start button and Type Into “cmd” and that errors with “Click Start”: No open windows found for “explorer.exe.” Please check if the application is running."

I have to say that at this point, I am not a fan of UiPath at all and I’m trying to figure out how to script the csv comparison parts of my process and discard this application entirely.

Current version of UiPath is app-21.2.0-beta0044

Hi @O365Licenses,
Welcome to the Community!
I’m so sorry to hear that you run into issues like this. You need to know that the Community Edition of the Studio is for free under some limitations. One of the limitation is that you will receive regular updates which can change some functionalities across some packages (not always). That’s why you need to remember to use the stable version of each package for those projects which are important to you.

A post was split to a new topic: Help with a sample project needed