UIPATH SITE DOWN

What is the downtime window?

Hi
yah it is
will be announced soon buddy
Cheers @Shah

1 Like

Hi @Palaniyappan , I’m still having issues with the dispatcher. Could you please assist me on that?

may i know what was the issue…
@Shah

Hi @Shah

it is a scheduled maintenance, see here:

2 Likes

Thanks @loginerror

@Palaniyappan Could you please check the above post and help me out…

1 Like

Am I missing something on status.uipath.com?

It says everything is up and running, but when I try to log into platform.uipath.com I get a “We will be right back message”.

In addition status.uipath.com says the maintenance was complete a few minutes ago, but the platform / orchestrator in the cloud is not working…

Yeah! Still not working.

Just came back up, but I would like some one from UiPath to explain if status.uipath.com is reliable? Does it update in real time, or is it a manual thing that I cannot trust?

Is this a rare occurrence (Orchestrator going away)? If I had a production workload running against Orchestrator, my business would be disrupted… how often does this happen?

@mjdeale we acknowledge this issue and will work in the future to improve our internal processes. We encountered a technical issue after today’s deployment and we needed to restart the application.

Thank you,
Catalin

1 Like

@Catalin_Anastasoaie . Thanks for the quick reply.

Does the status page operate automatically. i.e. Is there an equivalent of a “ping monitor” on the Orchestrator application, such that when Orchestrator goes down, the status page is automatically updated? Or do I need to implement a Orchestrator monitor in Solar Winds so that I know when Orchestrator is down.

I just submitted a proposal to a potential client, shifting them from their initial intent to implement Automation Anywhere to use UiPath, and we will implement the first robot with cloud based Orchestrator and a Queue, and their underwriting business will be dependant on Orchestrator being up.

I want to know if Orchestrator is down BEFORE I get a phone call from them, so I will need a reliable way to know, even if it is down for a 15 minute reboot.

I also notice that the status page was not updated to indicate that Orchestrator was down for the time that you had to reboot it this morning. That means that a client, I direct to the status page, who was down, and noticed, would have no information that “Yes, in fact, there was an issue with Orchestrator”. That leads to a loss in confidence on the part of a business when there are unexplained outages. Much, MUCH better to have the status page reflect what really happened, and clients have a reasonable explanation for what happened. "

Last question: I also do not see a schedule for planned outages. Is there a place where planned outages are posted? The status page seems like a natural place for notices, and posting a notice on October 9th @ 07:24 UTC for a planned outage on October 10th @ 13:30 does not seem like enough notice. Almost all cloud systems require some outage time for maintenance and updates. Clients understand this, but need to be able to see it in advance, and know what the future plan is, especially as I help them integrate UiPath automation into the day-to-day business operations. OR should I plan on setting up Orchestrator in AWS, and hosting it with total control, so I am the one doing the upgrades and maintenance, and can schedule it with potential clients?

Looking for advice…

1 Like

@mjdeale Thank you for the detailed reply. I will try to answer below but please feel free to comment if anything else is missing / needed.

In terms of how our status page is currently operating, the notifications are manually created but internally we’re using multiple systems that are notifying automatically our on-call team when the service is down and requires attention.

Our goal is to be able to announce all planned maintenance with 1 week in advance and for the unplanned ones to have if possible 1 day notice. We’re also working internally on integrating the status page with our own incident management workflow in the near-term future.

Last but not least, today our Cloud Platform is in what we call Public Preview but as we work towards making this enterprise ready we will be tidying our the systems and will appreciate any feedback that will help you and your business in the RPA journey.

Thank you!

1 Like