UiPath Service won't start

I have a client who is installing the UiPath trial onto their virtual environment, but the service won’t start when the machine is connected to their network, they are seeing calls to https://www.akamai.com/uk/en/ which are being blocked. If UiPath is started when the device is removed from the network, the service starts successfully, and the network connection can be re-established. This is a temporary workaround, but clearly not suitable for the long term.

Is there a reason for this behaviour? Does the trial have to have an internet connection at all times?

Thanks in advance!
Nick

1 Like
  • Is the robot connected to a Orchestrator? Maybe the robot is trying to connect to the server.
  • Internet Connection is required only for activation but has nothing to do with service start.

@Andrei_Pop

What version are you using?

We know about a similar behavior when the host is using some antivirus or specific settings in windows defender / firewall.

In your case I think you have a domain policy and is applied when you connect to that network.

A workaround could be:

1. Go to Start > Run > and type regedit

2. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control

3. With the control folder selected, right click in the pane on the right and select new DWORD Value

4. Name the new DWORD: ServicesPipeTimeout

5. Right-click ServicesPipeTimeout, and then click Modify

6. Click Decimal, type ‘180000’, and then click OK

7. Restart the computer

Practically you will extend the timeout for the svc (until the svc is scanned).

Let me know if this works.

3 Likes

Apologies for the delayed response, but this did resolve the issue, thank you.

1 Like