Uipath screen OCR Error endpoint beta is wrong?

i tried use read pdf with Uipath screen ocr engine yesterday but i have this problem Message: Error performing OCR: Error al enviar la solicitud. ScreenOCRErrorRunningEngine
looks like a error of endpoint or something, another engines like abbyy cloud works fine, i used to use this engine before without problem

Log error:

19.12.0-beta.61+Branch.release-v2019.12.0.Sha.c5ef64a84dd6be2c140a75da8fd036824faab942

Source: Read PDF With OCR

Message: Error performing OCR: Error al enviar la solicitud. ScreenOCRErrorRunningEngine

Exception Type: System.Exception

RemoteException wrapping System.Exception: Error performing OCR: Error al enviar la solicitud. ScreenOCRErrorRunningEngine —> RemoteException wrapping System.ServiceModel.FaultException: Error al enviar la solicitud. ScreenOCRErrorRunningEngine
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EndCall(String action, Object outs, IAsyncResult result)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.TaskCreator.<>c__DisplayClass7_01.<CreateGenericTask>b__0(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func2 endFunction, Action1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Vision.VisionClient.d__5.MoveNext()
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Shared.Activities.AsyncTaskNativeImplementation.BookmarkResumptionCallback(NativeActivityContext context, Object value)
at UiPath.Shared.Activities.AsyncTaskNativeActivity.BookmarkResumptionCallback(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

1 Like

searchbar.zip (24.2 KB)
add a demo proyect change for any pdf

@ovi do you know if the preview period of uipath screen ocr is ended? because the activity just stopped working? in the update the activity doesn’t have an endpoint like the previous one

Exact same error here. Process was running great using the UiPath Screen OCR engine preview and just stopped working on 1/23.

Was using 1.0.0-preview with https://beta-ocr.uipath.com/v1/images:annotate as the endpoint. Updated to 1.2.0-preview and like @luchovelez no endpoint but above endpoint doesn’t work either.

1 Like

exactly this is the problem, i was ready for release a bot a production but this problem force me to use omnipage OCR but is not close to uipath screen results in time and precision

Hi everyone,

Please see my post here :slight_smile:

what is the new endpoint?

You don’t need any, simply provide the API key and it should work.

the new endpoint is required but which is ?

Judging form your screenshot:

You placed the API Key in the wrong box. Leave the Endpoint field blank and put your key in the ApiKey field :slight_smile:

If I leave the End Point as blank means it throws error.

do you have the last version of activity ?

Yes, It’s the latest one.

what is the last endpoint

I have the same error, again… The endpoint, previously https://beta-ocr.uipath.com/v1/images:annotate, don’t work since 1 week i think (“Origin DNS error” when i open manually).
Thanks for advices.

It’s work !
Solution :

• Generate API Key “Computer Vision” in Portal UiPath (admin>Licences>OtherLicences). More info in UiPath Screen OCR: Now in Public Preview!. This step is required (previous week : it was worked with the preview endpoint without API Key)
  • Manage Project, and set endpoint : https://ocr.uipath.com/ and API Key
  • Restart UiPath Studio !
  • Test !

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.