UiPath Queue Triggers - InProgress item

We faced unexpected behavior with the Queue Triggers, the trigger has been run too many times (every 30 minutes) Although there is no new transaction item added to the queue.
After investigation, we found a stuck item on InProgress status, after reading the documentation, we found the justification

Orchestrator takes into account both New and In Progress queue items when computing the number of target jobs that must be reached for optimal resource allocation.

So, any idea or configuration to excluded the queue triggers running when having an item with InProgress status?

UiPath Orchestrator: Enterprise on-premise 21.10.1

1 Like

Hey @MohammadAljaafreh

This shouldn’t be the case.

What is the maximum number of pending & running jobs allowed simultaneously in your case please ?

Thanks
#nK

1 Like

Hey @Nithinkrishna

kindly find the below details:

Minimum number of items to trigger the first job: 2 items
Maximum number of pending and running jobs allowed simultaneously: 1 job

Thanks,

1 Like

Hey @MohammadAljaafreh

So you mean is this triggering a job when there are 0 new items and 2 in-progress items.

Is my understanding right ?

Thanks
#nK

1 Like

Hey @Nithinkrishna
You are right.

I don’t find any configuration to excluded the queue trigger when finding the transaction with InProgress status.

Appreciate your replay :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay @MohammadAljaafreh

I haven’t faced this issue so far by using 1 minimum item to trigger option.

When you say in-progress items, is it the currently processed items or the items which statuses are failed to update by the not.

Thanks
#nK

1 Like

Yes, this first time faced this issue.
Just to clarify, two items on queue have an InProgress status (due to the Robot having lost the connection with Orchestrator), this is not a problem now.

The case is why the Queue trigger mechanism running the job although there are no new transaction items?

I don’t know why the UiPath Orchestrator hasn’t a configuration to excluded this behavior by preventing queue triggers from starting when have just an InProgress items.

1 Like

Hey @MohammadAljaafreh

Okay it’s clear. To do a temporary workaround you can reduce the time to make the in-progress items to Abandoned state in the Orchestrator config.

For Ref - ⚙ UiPath.Orchestrator.dll.config

Thanks
#nK

1 Like

Hey @Nithinkrishna
Appreciate your reply and time.
I will create another topic under the section “Product Feedback / Feature Request”.

Thank you for your support.
Best,

Edited: we added a new topic, find here

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.