UiPath Process Mining: Learn how to create business process graphs!

In this video we will show how to create a business process graph in a application within UiPath’s Process Mining. The Process Mining is a tool that analyzes and monitors processes and aims to discover, monitor and improve business processes, wich can be: customer service, payment order or a purchase process. In a tradicional model process maping is performed by teams that need to come together to understand all the steps in the process. In general, this results in an unassertive picture of the business process. In term, Process Mining displays a real image of the process through the use of event logs generated by the application. Within UiPath Process Mining, a process graph is a simple and effective way to visualyze the events of the process, as well in the sequence in wich they happen. We will post several vídeos about Process Mining and in each one of them we will enrich the event data so that new views and queries can be made.

Hi @Lucas_Clemente,

Thank you. I watched the video and it is a good introduction to the power of process mining. It is evident that given a well polished dataset, tools such as UiPath Process Mining can be great. The challenge however is preparing the input data. Not all processes can be tabulated in a company, the ones which can be may miss key steps, which will mean that the input data to such a tool is based on assumptions.

Would really appreciate if you can in the next video/s in the series also focus on the approaches we can use to generated a polished tabulated data for a given process. I know this is more of a data analyst workflow / business analyst scope of work, nonetheless would be an important topic to cover by an RPA COE before we can promise great results from process mining.

Hi @jeevith ,

Thanks for your feedback😉

Best regards.

I totally agree with you. Process Mining is a phenomenal tool for visualizing data, but obviously this visualization is only possible with good, well polished data.

As you said, there are processes that can’t generate event logs by themselves. In theses cases, the idea is to create “interception codes” (or, in some cases, database triggers), which will monitor each step of the process, and, as the process runs, generate logs containing all relevant pieces of data about these steps, such as the data inputted and the date and time of when they were started/ended.

We will be creating new videos approaching this subject, so that our demonstrations can be close as possible to real scenarios.

Hi @Lucas_Clemente,

I am sure many in the forum will also appreciate of such a realistic video series on Process Mining and can further brainstorm how they can use Process Mining in their organisations.

Thank you again for the informative video. Looking forward to the next videos / blog.