UiPath Orchestrator APIs not working since Cloud Platform Release

Hello! You team are working on update the authentication system of Node-Red? I am with problems haha

Hi @adityavikram:

• You can now access ā€œplatform.uipath.comā€. The service is up :slight_smile: Please let us know if you still face any issue.

• We are working on the API consumption guide. As soon as it is available we will let you know. Keep in mind that the authentication stack was updated for our cloud offering only. On prem Orchestrator or Orchestrator installed in your private cloud will not suffer this changes

4 Likes

Thanks for your response. Iā€™m facing the challenge with APIs only that too on the cloud platform. If you have any cheat sheet(an early doc) for authentication as it works now, I will be happy to have a look.

1 Like

Hi @Venkata_Rajendran
Thanks for the update but we are still having issues for authentication service.
Still getting the error - ā€œWe have updated our authentication stack. Please use the authentication method supported via UiPath Cloud Platform.ā€

URL - https://platform.uipath.com/api/account/authenticate

Hey @Venkata_Rajendran can you please let me know if there is any deadline?? Since got some critical demo, just curious to see is it possible to get resolution before that.

Same is the case here, have a demo by the end of the day. I would love to get a hand on the working auth API, in whatever shape that is.

Found a workaround meanwhileā€¦

Authenticate and get the key using the below link and use that key for other APIs -
<your_orchestrator_URL>/swagger/ui/index#/Account

Some notes for swagger from uipath -
If you are using Swagger to try our API, just log in to Orchestrator in a separate tab.

The Orchestrator API Swagger can be accessed by pointing the browser to your Orchestrator and adding the following suffix: /swagger/ui/index#/ . For example, to access the API of the Community Edition Orchestrator instance, just follow this link: UiPath.

Important!

The Swagger authentication expires according to the parameters set in your Orchestrator instance. By default, it is set to 30 minutes. You can change it by modifying the value of the Auth.Cookie.Expire parameter, in the Web.config file.

Thanks Yash! Iā€™m able to reach to the swagger link thanks to your message. But Iā€™m still not able to figure out the auth API. The one mentioned on the swagger link still looks like the old one.

In the link, did you replace the platform URL with your own orchestrator URL?

I believe what youā€™re talking about is that now if Iā€™ve a session open with orchestrator UI, then you would be able to call APIs without authenticating. My problem is that Iā€™ve a client outside of a browser trying to fetch some data from orchestrator which will not work till I get the auth API working.

Iā€™m using the API authenticate

with the following parameters:

{
ā€œtenancyNameā€: ā€œstringā€,
ā€œusernameOrEmailAddressā€: ā€œstringā€,
ā€œpasswordā€: ā€œstringā€
}

and Iā€™m getting this error:
{
ā€œmessageā€: ā€œWe have updated our authentication stack. Please use the authentication method supported via UiPath Cloud Platform.ā€,
ā€œerrorCodeā€: 1415,
ā€œresourceIdsā€: null
}

Have anyone already found the correct API call?

Nope. Not yet. Join the club.

Using that swagger url, you can get the authentication key.
This key you can pass in the calls that you are making to fetch data from orchestrator.
Sorry if i have misunderstood your scenario.

where is the authentication key? I didnā€™t see one. I tried to copy the curl command from swagger and even that fails (running the curl command from command line). The auth key IMO would be on the browser cookie.

When i click on ā€˜Try it outā€™, I get a new key.
The key expires every 30min by default. I am using this method to grab key since a couple of hours now to grab data from my orchestrator.

Are you trying with platform.uipath.com or you have your own hosted version of orchestrator. Iā€™m suspecting that youā€™re not on the latest version.

we have our own hosted orchestratorā€¦

@yash_shah1 Thatā€™s why. The problem weā€™re facing is with the latest orchestrator CE which got a major upgrade last weekend.

1 Like

No news?

I can access the new tooling after some time of outage.

I wonder, however, if I am missing an updated link for the Orchestrator API as authenticating against the 2019 version produces the outcome described in recent posts

i.e.
https://orchestrator.uipath.com/v2019/reference#api-references

{
ā€œmessageā€: ā€œWe have updated our authentication stack. Please use the authentication method supported via UiPath Cloud Platform.ā€,
ā€œerrorCodeā€: 1415,
ā€œresourceIdsā€: null
}

Is there a dedicated version of the API for the UIPath Cloud Platform or does the 2019 Orchestrator API still apply?

Thanks