UiPath Integration for Excel

i can’t get the Excel add-in for UiPath working. It will say that it’s successful installed and if i want to use it in studioX it will say i need to repair. This is a loop where its not getting out. I already tried the Microsoft repair from studio. When i check in Excel i will see the add in as Disabled application add-in. when i try to enable it doesn’t work but wont give any error. Does anybody know a solution for this problem?

Hi @jasper.uitewaal - I was having the same problem first of all could you check the link shared here → Excel Plugin Not Getting Installed - #3 by AndrewHall

What i found is that the Excel-Addin was only loading correctly with a 64-bit Version of Office installed. On my laptop I have 32-bit the AddIn is installed and activated and it doesn’t work on a VM I have 64-bit Office installed and there the addin works correctly. Works there both with the community 21.4 and enterprise 20.10.

Local:

VM:

@loginerror - are there some limitations that are known in terms of 32-bit Office?

Hello, we have encountered issues with the Excel plugin in the past and some of the errors that you describe are much similar with the ones described in this thread MS Excel Add-in not installed - #58 by studioX . Maybe this helps a little in providing the information that we need in order to debug this :slight_smile:

Regards,
Dragos.

1 Like

Hi @dragos.suma - that is the weird part. It seems to be installed correctly:

Local Machine:

When using “indicate excel”:

Same setup on the VM works well but with 64-Bit

Hmm this is strange :slight_smile: Can you pull the logs from both machines ? Besides that I have to ask for Studio version and OS version :smiley:

Another bit of information that can be beneficial would be if you could open the plugin ( Excel → Options → Add-ins → Com Add-ins and show me a picture of the installation path of the plugin

@jasper.uitewaal could you please pull the logs also :slight_smile: They are found in %localappdata%/UiPath/Logs

Hi @dragos.suma - here are the requested informations:

Local:

VM:

Install logs desktop → Error: COM error during AddIn validation checks: Interface not registered → Pop-Up “Installation successful”
2021-04-12_ExcelAddIn_Install_Desktop.zip (1.4 KB)
The ExcelAddin.Log is empty

InstallLog VM.
2021-04-13_ExcelAddIn_Install_VM.zip (1.5 KB)

Let me know if you need something else.

Hi @dragos.suma @FrankSchikora , Thanks for your help. I found the solution. I was trying to activate the plugin via manage: COM add -ins. But i needed to activate it from Disabeld items instead.

1 Like

Whoohoo :slight_smile: Glad it worked happy Automating :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.