Uipath empid check and send email

Hi,
I have one use case like below screenshot:

So how to copy and check if available go next step and if emp I’d not present then send email in uipath

Hi @sayali_rokade,

welcome to the community.

1. Read the Input file using Read Range activity
  2. as per the image the the “Employee ID” column you need to check value in some other dump file, check that. Read Both the files the Input and the dump one from the the input post reading take out the Emp id and match it in the DT of the dump file if found dont send email, not found send email may be using SMTP, or outlook as per applicable in your process.

Thanks

Basically we have two files one is emp file and input file so we need to copy from input and check in emp file how to do that part in loop for every file in share folder

Hi @sayali_rokade,

If possible can you share us a sample file?
Or let us know the columns present in both the excel.

Regards,
@90s_Developer

1. Read the input file in a DT say DT1 and the Emp file in a DT say DT2
  2. In a for each loop, loop over DT1
  3. Use a If condition something like DT2.Select(“[EMP column]=+‘row(“EMP ID”).tostring’”).count>0(wrote this over rough)
  4. In else condition send email

@sayali_rokade,

I have one doubt, if both files match the emp id, what to be done, if mismatch what to be done?

Regards,
@90s_Developer

Hi @sayali_rokade

We need a clarification you mentioned above bot would open a file from shared file

I want to know which type of file is your input ?? Whether (pdf,excel )?

Based on your input only we give solution for your issue

Thanks
Robin

I have two excels .will share screenshot.so m coping emp I’d from input.xlsx and search in employee.xlsx if I’d present then login to next page if I’d not present sent outlook mail that do it manually

Pls send senario if anyone have.

Hi @sayali_rokade

I assume that your shred file is in your local machine

so that the two input files with Read range activity

choose your file path or enter your file path
then enter your input excel sheet name , leave range tab as empty so that bot will read until the last record, Finally create a datatable variable in output tab of the properties panel

use for each row activity to iterate excel data

use if activity to check employee id

Finally use Open browser or attach browser in Then block to login a webpage , create a counter variable to verify the employee id exist or not

check that counter variable in the termination of first for each activity , put send outlook mail activity in that else block to send outlook mail

Hope it solves your issue

Thanks
Robin

Thanks for your efforts will try in my flow

Okay update us once you got your desired solution

Thanks
Robin

@Robinnavinraj_S I tried this but it is checking row by row in emp excel and in emp have lot of data so can we use filter activity so that we can copy empID from input excel and directly filter in emp ID column in employee excel so that only matching value we get?do u have any solution for this

@90s_Developer if match then login to next page with matched id and if not then send email.
So basically we coping I’d from input excel and search that perticular I’d in employee excel if found then with that I’d login

Hi @sayali_rokade,

Use the if condition and check whether both the excel has the same excel id. If matched, in then block, develop the logic to login and process further steps. In the else block, leave as blank.

Regards,
@90s_Developer