Uipath Dialogflow Chatbot Connector using Slack

Hi @Karan

I am currently creating Slack chatbot using dialogflow and uipath. In dialogflow i use ‘quick replies’ and custom rich messages. When i connect the bot with uiipath the slack gives response only when the response is set in Default tab. So if you see below image:

I have set text response that comes from uipath<out_year_respnse> and I have set quick replices in the form of buttons. The dialog flow system works fine but when i run the same in Slack App i get error.image
But when the response is set to default it works fine. Please let me know how can i resolve this. Please guide through the resources.
Thanks,
Ashish

@ashishsinha1504 - At this time, the connector only supports responses text responses defined in the default tab. This is great feedback - we’re tracking this in our backlog and will prioritize based on demand

1 Like

@Karan Thanks so much for responding. I would like to add one more suggestion regarding the chatbot connector. It would be great if you could integrate with google assistant as well. This would have an added advantage as it has inbuilt speech to text. This way we could work with chatbots on voice commands. Thanks.

Hi @Karan. Just a thought and a doubt. Can i send requests directly from UiPath to Slack in the form json that would be converted into buttons or url at the slack side? So basically what i am asking is suppose i want to send options as quick replies. So the output response from Uipath is a json that would create these quick replies at slack end.

I am just trying to find some workarounds until we get these functionalities in connector as I need to this using only uipath and dont want to include any programming language(which would be the last choice). Please let me know if there could be any workarounds.

Thanks,
Ashish

Hi @ashishsinha1504 - Passing a JSON response as output (defined in the response of the mapped dialogflow intent) is currently not possible
Unfortunately the only solution for this scenario is a code heavy one where you will need to rely on using Slack APIs to send options for quick replies, and hook them up to processes you’d like to trigger

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.