UIPath Crashing Java 11 Application during Interaction

My Java application crashes when UiPath is interacting with a SunAWTWindow.
The windows application event log captures the following:

UiPath.Service.UserHost 21.10.4.0 VActivate/21dc0fef-5c24-4166-a2a2-4776bb6f164c finished with Failed (was Processing) RemoteException wrapping UiPath.Core.InvalidUiElementException: Invalid UI node. at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.OnFaulted(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom) at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom) at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.FaultWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Is this something that can be fixed in a future release?
Is there something I can do to prevent this?
Sometimes it works perfectly, while other times, I get the above error.

Hi @grosner ,

The error is pretty generic so we would need some better type of logs to see what is going on there. A good way to retrieve that kind of logs is by following the next steps:

1. Add an environment variable called UIPATH_LOG_LEVEL with the value VERBOSE
  2. Download and open DebugView (from Microsoft sysinternals: DebugView - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Learn)
  3. Reproduce the crash again having the DebugView opened.
  4. After the crash occurs, save the logs, close DebugView, and remove the environment variable.

A good logging file should contain lines like these (the structure should be the same, not necessarily the content after JAVA:):

00089123	76.70452881	[16488] {11920} [1014/171926.768:INFO:(v21_4_25_3292) UiPathJavaBridgeImpl.cpp(91)] JAVA: getAccessibleTableCellAccessibleContext: at = class UiPathV8.CustomAccessible.Override.Mcframe.OverridenAccessibleMcTable	
00089124	76.70458984	[16488] {11920} [1014/171926.768:INFO:(v21_4_25_3292) UiPathJavaBridgeImpl.cpp(91)] JAVA: getAccessibleTableCellAccessibleContext returning = class UiPathV8.CustomAccessible.Override.Mcframe.OverridenAccessibleMcTable$OverridenAccessibleMcTableCell
1 Like

I am able to see the verbose message with Debugview. The Java application no longer crashes, when UiPath is executing an automation script. The only major change was I can think of is that I applied the January 11 2022 Patch Tuesday Windows 11 updates.
Perhaps that fixed things!

Regardless, your approach to tracking down java related issues is very helpful. Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.