UiPath.Core.Activities.SAP.Login: Value does not fall within the expected range

Hello *!
I have a simple sequence including UiPath.Core.Activities.SAP.Login.
The parameters are quite simple: Client = “001”, Username and Password came from the Orchestrator Credentials Store via GetCredential.
Secure = True, Language = “DE”, Multiple Logon Option = ‘Continue with this logon and end any other logons’.
Each time I run the sequence, I got a ‘Value does not fall within the expected range’ Exception. (The exception text does not reveal the value in question.)
I see, the activity wrote all values in SAP interface: at start time the SAP interface for logon is empty. After the exception, the fields are filled, not only user, but also language, client and password. A single click on the green checkmark do a successful login for me without any other input.
I already experimented setting non secure password and have varied strings directly instead of giving them via variables/arguments without success.
By the way: Scripting is activated on both, server and client side.
(F1!)
Thanks in advance for your tips.
PS: The exact exception text is:
System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ObsoleteTaskAsyncCodeActivity`1.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Hello @RobertoLuis!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly
Forum_Staff

HI @RobertoLuis

Please share some screenshots to understand your issue better?

• screenshot Studio
  • screenshot Activities
  • screenshot SAP

Thanks
Best regards, Lev

1 Like

Hi @LevKushnir,
thank you for your reply.
Studio Version is 2021.4.4 Enterprise Trial.
The activity in Question looks, as mentioned, like this:

timeoutS=5000 // the default value.
I save the Exception in a variable. (Catch part.)
If this Exception IsNot Nothing, the bot simply klicks on the green checkmark in the SAP Login dialog and a successful login occurs.
The rest is explained in the original post.

HI @RobertoLuis

Thanks for the info. Let me ask you one more question about SAP Logon you are using?

Which version it is? Which patch?

Please give me this screenshot from your side.

Maybe something is wrong there… do not know

Thanks a lot, Lev

1 Like