UiPath Community 2022.12 Release

thanks for the update - look forward to see this remediated.

Hi, any news about the “Edit grid” control in Apps that was talked about here?

Hi Regina, The edit grid control is planned to be released along with a net new feature - VB expressions in Q1, 2023

1 Like

please fix the bloat in the Studio product

Second this - I don’t know if it was a bug in 22.4.3. or if it’s going to persist across versions, but I’ve had complete application hangs [Not Responding] every time I click into an activity, or type anything and click out of it. The only remedy being to close Studio down and start it up again, after which it would be OK for a while.
Even putting that issue aside, it’s extremely heavy, even on a brand new core i7 laptop.

Also I have a feature idea - having a list of previous actions done, like we have in photoshop or paint.NET, among others, so that you can Ctrl+Z confidently or skip back several undos by clicking the previous action you want to go back to in the little frame. Too often undo and especially redo behave unexpectedly & risk losing work if you’re not extra careful.

1 Like

Hi @Legoman ,

In retrospect, this is something I observed as well in 2022.4. I thought it was something exclusive to my situation, which I see isn’t the case anymore.

That stated, I’m still seeing this (and more) in 2022.12.x Beta.

The slowdown experience is much more pronounced if you have two instances of Studio open at the same time. Is this because the two Studio instances are sharing common resources leading to marked slowdowns? :thinking:

Variables and arguments row freezes for 10 to 15 seconds as soon as a new variable or argument is added directly to these windows. However, this does not happen when variables/arguments are created inline within the flow using keyboard shortcuts. :neutral_face:

The “hanging/stuttering” behavior (especially when the flow compiles after hitting the Run or Debug button) seems to be more pronounced with the increased length of a sequence.

To clarify: These activities have only one or at the most 2 levels of nesting. Therefore, I’m not not breaking any limits recommended by UiPath when it comes to nesting activities.

As a workaround, I broke the 13 steps I had in the single flow, and broke it up into 13 separate files. And each of the files worked without any problems. Therefore, the sequence length may be impacting how Studio behaves. :neutral_face:

thanks

SMTP email is having issue. If you make HTMl body for the email through HTML editor and assign a table, then email is not going. I get below error:

**Send SMTP Mail Message: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.**

But if I remove the table from the HTML editor, mails are sent.

The new update has broken my working code. The Trigger Scope now throws an error: “Object reference not set to an instance of an object”, whereas it didn’t before. There was no change in my code, and this can be easily replicated on other machines. Just use the Trigger Scope, set it up as you normally would, the error will appear when you run Analyze File (see image for example).
Please let me know how to circumvent this issue, because right now my process would not compile for running. Thanks!

@thai_nghiem1 thanks for reporting this. Indeed, looks like we have an issue with workflow analyzer and Trigger Scopes. While we work at a fix, you can disable workflow analyzer enforcement before the execution.

1 Like

Class activity read range change super slowly???,

if used classic activity read range ,Will debug slowly .read range need waste two minutes.

Hi! Thank you for the suggestion. Could you please let me know what’s the best way to disable workflow analyzer enforcement?

You can find the toggle in the Studio settings:

I am using 2021.10 for now and really soon I am going to switch to 2022.10 (enterprise) I am guessing that this change is not related to 2022.12 but am I the only one who is not happy with this change:

Why it is not possible to set properties in the side panel, but only in the activity itself. It require more clicks to see all the settings. And I don’t even mention that most of the fields I would fill up with variables. What is the point for calendar pick date in the activity (so the static value) for postpone instead of default view for date variable?

I think that approach is not well-designed. Is there any option to leave the properties panel on to not use the activity card properties?

2 Likes

@Yameso thanks for your feedback. This is something we are analyzing, about how to bring configuration in Properties Panel.

Thanks!

I am just saying that also default view for some options like pick a date in activity card is encouring to hardcode values which is not adviced by UiPath Best Practices. It should be in reverse by default - type varaible or click to switch for some easy options like pick date.

Those changes will impact the companies who are updating their software once or twice a year. So when you introduce some new approach (like with the activity card) it is not possible for company to use the “old” view for a year or half (if you will decide to introduce such an option).

I really get that the tool (like Studio) need to be updated and devloped aligned with the technology and also a new fuctionalities, but even if sometimes it looks better, smoother it could be not practical. Common changes in the UI of the Studio or Orchestrator require from developers, solution architects (and others) to spend some time to get used to and read code from the studio or settings in Orchestrator. So I need to sacrifice (harsh word, I know) time at work (and delay my task or projects) or spend my private time to learn it (not really work-life balance idea). I say that in context of the change for the old activities, not a new ones of course.

I could recommend sth else to bring for us. Please make a tool in Studio to do a code review.
Suggestion of work:
Choose two nupkg packages and print changed, added, deleted files (including Config.xlsx, but for excel file information about change would be sufficient enough). Then you could choose the file to work with and see what was changed. The view could be similar like Compare Selected or when comparing the files when working with GIT.

I know we can use workflow analizer to make first step code review. I am also familiar with Explore in Orchestrator.
But I can’t check the code in a view of businness rules. Also Explore can crash with some bigger files while comparing and it is not easy to use. Also Explore can’t show you selector changes and also showing changes in invoke workflow files even if they were not changed (import argument, click ok but do not change anything).

Another question is, how could I make reliable code review with packages created with Windows setting (not Legacy)? It is not possible for us to decompile nupkg package to check the code that was really pushed to the Orchestrator.

1 Like

I’m also not happy about this change.
It slows me down in development, and secondly: I lose the overview very quickly because of this.

Please change it back :frowning:

(post deleted by author)

Hello, are there any news about the edit grid feature?

I came across the same issue today, thanks for reporting this @AutumnBreeze

Hi @alexandru
Invoke Powershell is still not useable. Hope this is also in the bug fix tracker. In short, Invoke Powershell activity is redundant for windows projects as of 21.02.2023.

Error	ERROR	Validation Error	Internal constraint exception while running constraint with name 'Constraint<Activity>' against activity of type System.Activities.Statements.Sequence with name 'Sequence'.  Exception was: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.Invoke(Activity activity, IDictionary`2 inputs, WorkflowInstanceExtensionManager extensions, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Activities.WorkflowInvoker.Invoke(Activity workflow, IDictionary`2 inputs)
   at System.Activities.Validation.ActivityValidationServices.RunConstraints(ChildActivity childActivity, ActivityCallStack parentChain, IList`1 constraints, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, Boolean suppressGetChildrenViolations, IList`1& validationErrors)	PowerShell.xaml
1 Like