UiPath Community 20.8 Preview Release

Wow sooo many things to try more :smiley:

With the launch of the Data Service, there’s nothing stopping you from storing entity record IDs as assets and referencing them to get the information within. It’s just 2 activities (Get Asset and Get Entity Record by ID) for however many fields you’d like your entity to contain or reference…

2 Likes

Thanks @Tudor_Sandu.

In a way we are already doing that. I’ve enhanced the RE Framework to be configured to either work with a Config file or a database where we can associate a Process, Orchestrator, and Tenant with their corresponding settings, assets and constants .

I have to proceed along that line of thought.

@Pablito @loginerror
seems like Service URL having some connecting issue

Anyone guys able to connect using Connection Type : Service URL :https://cloud.uipath.com
For Uipath Assistant

Yes, it worked for me

2 Likes

Are you seen the previous processes in your robot assistant tray ?

Add you tenant to the service URL. Maybe this solves the issue

1 Like

Awesome!

1 Like

@RockSolid
already tested

Hi @Maneesha_de_silva,

How did you get in this state?

If you created a new Cloud account then there should be no problem with seeing processes because you dont have any processes in a new Cloud account.

But if you enabled Sign In for your existing cloud account, things become tricky.

Remember that when you sign in, you are using your actual identity. You no longer use a Robot identity, which is the identity used when you connect via a machine key from Assistant.

Scenario 1
Now, if you signed in, while being connected via machine key and Orchestrator URL, then your processes should still be there - as long as your processes were deployed in Modern Folders. Classic folder processes will not show.

Scenario 2
You disconnected from Assistant (from the machine key connection) and then used Sign in from Studio or Assistant. In this case, your processes might not appear in Assistant. Remember that you are now the User connected to Orchestrator, not the Robot.

You might have done something else, in which case it would be great if you could tell us what.

In 20.8 we deployed Sign-In with the following defaults:

• Sign In enabled for new Cloud accounts
  • Sign In disabled for existing.

But even if you enable sign in, as long as you stay connected via machine key, you can also Sign In and still have access to everything modern.

To summarize the above (TL;DR)

• to use processes in modern folders you connect by signing in.
  • to user processes in classic folders you connect using machine key.

We are in the process of better treating all sign in scenarios, but we need your feedback for that too. Thanks!

4 Likes

@mircea
what a grateful answer , this will help a lot ,
so now i have some several testing methods coming to my mind :crazy_face:
anyway i will check the all possible ways and i have grab some special point around modern folders

We will let our the feedback ASAP, hope that will be a great feedback for all :blush:

3 Likes

Wow ! Excellent features !!
“Data Service” is Amazing !!

1 Like

@RockSolid - hope you are already noticed “DataServices” in Community cloud.
i just followed steps mentioned in above video2.
we need to enable “DataServices” for our community cloud.
visit Community cloud → Admin → Tenants → select overflow menu(3dots) w.r.t to Tenant → Edit Services → here Enable the “Dataservice” and → Save.

Hope it helps.

1 Like

Hi Pradeep,

Yes, I noticed that it has been enabled for Community. It was just that it wasn’t in the past and since I had the entreprise preview for a while (company account) I didn’t know if would be enabled for community. Also, the doubt still remains about the capacity

Lots of great features, very exciting! For me, I am experimenting with Ai Fabric; ML. I’m trying to install Data Manager and experiencing some issues though.

Unfortunately my laptop is only a windows 7 build. The VM’s I use are windows 10 but not quite the windows 10 version that is required to install ‘Docker’ (which is needed to install Data Manager). I am unable to find a workaround due to security permissions.

Is there a way that we could install Data Manager from an executable rather than these extra steps please? :slight_smile:

Thank you sir

:neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

Hello,

Could you clarify the following :
The new UiPath.ComputerVision.LocalServer package is a small sized model that can be ran directly on robot machines without requiring extra configuration.

Does this means it can be used without a dedicated computer vision server?
Do we still require servers with GPU to make it work?

Thank you

1 Like

Hi, great job!) How stable are robots created in C# in this release? As I remember before C# was in beta release. Is it now stable enough to build production robots?)

Where to get more info about UiPath.ComputerVision.LocalServer?

Cheers

1 Like