UiPath Community 20.10 Preview Release

Facing issue with the Multi Assign Activity

This image, I have taken from 20.8.0 version, Look at the image, It is displaying properly.

This is image is from latest version of preview, observe How it is showing.

Hi, the object repository looks great.

I have a tangential question about a question in the forum :sweat_smile:

Apparently, 20.10 is supposed to allow us to use a data model class (as said by @JeffHalbert ) And I’m not sure how we can do this now?

Hi @P_Botrel - Please take a look at Data Service - Introducing UiPath Data Service preview

It allows you to define data models and import them in Studio as rich variable types for use within your automations. You can also choose to store/share data using Data Service.

Hey @BasiReddy - what version of Studio are you using?

Hi @Mircea.Grigore,

Version 20.6

1 Like

Hi @BasiReddy

Please update to the latest version 20.10 (also the activity packages).

Hi @loginerror,

But the description shows it will work after 2019.2 version.

It could be related to the activity version. You could give it a try on a few activity package versions, maybe a non-beta one.

However, it could also be a bug with the 20.6 version of Studio which is fixed in latest versions.

On the topic of the Studio Community Edition, it should update you to the latest version automatically, which means that you being stuck on 20.6 is a bug in itself :slight_smile:

1 Like

it should update you to the latest version automatically, which means that you being stuck on 20.6 is a bug in itself

Not necessarily. If you licensed it with an Enterprise key (locally or via Orchestrator) then auto-update is disabled. That’s one easy way to get locked in an intermediate version. But this is very corner case-ish. Either you are using MSI and Enteprise license (no autoupdate), or EXE and Community (with autoupdate).

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Get Asset: Folder does not exist or the user does not have access to the folder. Error code: 1100

3 posts were split to a new topic: Bug with multiple assign activity

What is the credential vault encryption used by UiPath in Assets? how many bits, type, etc.

1 Like

Credentials are encrypted with AES 256:

2 Likes

Hello,
It is now October 5 week, has the stable version been released?

A Stable 20.10 version is expected to be pushed soon. We are now in code freeze and bugfixing mode. In the meantime, we do weekly updates in the Preview Channel for Studio, StudioX, Assistant, Studio Pro and various Activities packages. We also do biweekly updates in cloud.uipath.com. And finally, for Enterprise customers, we do regular weekly updates via Insider Preview.

3 Likes

Hello ,

After the latest preview update everything disappear in robots it’s something like visual bug.

Each activity where you need to type something under it it’s gone you can see it in the properties panel , but not on the view. Also in the properties panels where you can chose click type or the settings with checkbox are not showing true, false or anything just empty even if they are activated. it’s like visual bug since it’s working as expected , but it’s irritating. Read range activity as well read workbook path’s are not showing there , but you can see them in properties. I’m on 2020.10.0-beta.1008 and packages are updated to the latest preview updates.

1 Like

Hi @Shwapx

Do you have the Enhanced ETB set to True in the Labs settings? If so, could you try with it set to False?

3 Likes

Hello ,

Yes when I disable that everything is back to normal and i can see everything fine and in properties as well. At first i was freak out that my data is gone and i need to rewrite everything i guess this features should be disable by default at start.

Thanks and if you can provide more information on this what it’s doing if it’s enable will be good.

Hi @loginerror and @Shwapx,

It happened to me as well and now is back to normal after I disabled the ‘Editor Enhancements’.

Thx, Be Safe!

1 Like