UiPath Community 20.10 Preview Release

Hi there,
the demonstration of Object Repository is quite impressive.
It however only works with UIAutomation Next.
Thus a logical question: Do you plan any method to switch project from UIAutomation Classic to UIAutomation Next?

Cheers

2 Likes

Hi,

OK, thank you, one more question please:

Do you know when the stable version 20.10 will be released?

If not, can you tell me what is the typical time frame between the preview release and stable version release?

Thank you,

Alex

Hi Alex,
The Community Stable version is targeted to be released the week of September 28th, while the Enterprise LTS version is targeted to be released end of October.

In addition to @loginerror earlier reply, you can also download the preview version directly from Automation Cloud portal (cloud.uipath.com), under Resource Center.

3 Likes

Hi @J0ska, excellent question. With 20.10 we will launch Object Repository support for Modern activities only. Note that UIAutomation and UI Automation Next have now merged under a single package called UIAutomation. This includes both the Classic and the Modern UIA activities. For future, we plan to look at migrating Classic to Modern, yes.

4 Likes

Hi,
I’m using the last Beta version 2020.10.149 and it says that my studio version is not supporting C# !
That wasn’t the case in my previous beta version 2020.08

Anything I’m missing here ?

Hi @ali.belcaid1

Welcome to our UiPath Forum! :slight_smile:

Please make sure that:

• you are licensed with a Studio Pro license in Orchestrator (if you are not licensed locally)
  • you switched to Studio Pro in the Studio profile settings

After a restart it should work :slight_smile:

1 Like

After updating my UiPath.System.Activities package to 20.10.1-beta.1147753 the Join Wizard is no longer available on the Join Data Tables Activity.

This is strange. I just tested it and it seems to be there:

1 Like

Awesome Computer Vision, waiting to try new version with all these updates

Hi everyone,

Did you notice anything new in the UiPath Assistant?

Starting with the new release, pushed on Monday, the UiPath Assistant gets a new dimension. We added the Launchpad on the right-hand side in order for you to be able to keep the most used processes just a click away. Moreover, you can group and order your processes however you would like to:

Besides this, we also added an automation details page from where you can easily read the description of the process and edit the process configuration. This is based on the Studio/Orchestrator process description:

6 Likes

Facing issue with the Multi Assign Activity

This image, I have taken from 20.8.0 version, Look at the image, It is displaying properly.

This is image is from latest version of preview, observe How it is showing.

Hi, the object repository looks great.

I have a tangential question about a question in the forum :sweat_smile:

Apparently, 20.10 is supposed to allow us to use a data model class (as said by @JeffHalbert ) And I’m not sure how we can do this now?

Hi @P_Botrel - Please take a look at Data Service - Introducing UiPath Data Service preview

It allows you to define data models and import them in Studio as rich variable types for use within your automations. You can also choose to store/share data using Data Service.

Hey @BasiReddy - what version of Studio are you using?

Hi @mircea,

Version 20.6

1 Like

Hi @BasiReddy

Please update to the latest version 20.10 (also the activity packages).

Hi @loginerror,

But the description shows it will work after 2019.2 version.

It could be related to the activity version. You could give it a try on a few activity package versions, maybe a non-beta one.

However, it could also be a bug with the 20.6 version of Studio which is fixed in latest versions.

On the topic of the Studio Community Edition, it should update you to the latest version automatically, which means that you being stuck on 20.6 is a bug in itself :slight_smile:

1 Like

it should update you to the latest version automatically, which means that you being stuck on 20.6 is a bug in itself

Not necessarily. If you licensed it with an Enterprise key (locally or via Orchestrator) then auto-update is disabled. That’s one easy way to get locked in an intermediate version. But this is very corner case-ish. Either you are using MSI and Enteprise license (no autoupdate), or EXE and Community (with autoupdate).

2 Likes