UiPath Cognitive Service Activities Tutorial

Hi,

The Microsoft Text Analysis is working great now :slight_smile: Has anyone tried using Google Text Translate? If so, how did you get a key?

Great to know :slight_smile:

Regards…!!
Aksh

Great to know :slight_smile:. it is possible if you can upload so it will be useful for other users a sample demo, so they will get the things easy and simple way :slight_smile:

and

An API key is required to use the Google Translate API and you can get yours from the Google APIs key

For further details, check this Developer’s Guide

Regards…!!
Aksh

2 Likes

Func_Microsoft_Text_Analysis.xaml (7.7 KB)

I have attached it here. Only input arguments are the key and the text to be analyzed.

Thanks for the hint Aksh :slight_smile: I will check it out later.

5 Likes

I have used the Google Translate API using a test key and it works great! :smiley:

3 Likes

Hey @Susana

Please check these links :slight_smile:

Regards…!!
Aksh

5 Likes

A key is required for setting up the google text translate in uipath. I suppose it is the Google Api Key. Then, is it still required the Microsoft Key somewhere else?

Hi @bionditang

You are right - To use all google services you have to use Google Api keys.

You will require Microsoft key To use Microsoft Service like Microsoft Text Analysis.

Regards…!!
Aksh

2 Likes

Thanks @aksh1yadav :slight_smile:

Thanks Aksh, I’ve got everything work fine now :slight_smile:

@richarddenton has something nice on this topic. :slight_smile:

OK as I’m feeling generous :smiley:

Typically as yet, there isn’t much documentation but because they utilize existing APIs there is plenty of help on the Web. Here is a guide to the tools that are being used and the potential benefits that they bring. I have also added a link to the websites as you can test out the APIs by simply entering text into a box and clicking submit or analyze.

Microsoft Text Analysis

Analyses the following :

• Sentiment - a percentage based on the tone of the email, e.g. I hate you! I love you , could be used for priority or escalations. I actually entered an email from a colleague to me earlier and it came out as 100% positive!
  • Key Phrases - key phrases found within the text which could be used for grouping/analyzing emails, this could work well with workflow tools
  • Language – the language that the text is in

Google Text Analysis

cloud.google.com1
Cloud Natural Language API | Google Cloud Platform

Analyze text using ML to extract relevant entities, understand the overall sentiment, identify parts of speech and create dependency parse trees.
Analyses the following:

Language
Sentiment including absolute magnitude of sentiment (regardless of positive or negative)
Sentences – I presume this breaks out the text into lists of sentences
Entities – in simple terms pulls out nouns such as company names, objects, people – this again could be used for grouping or more intense data analysis
IBM Watson Text Analysis

ibm.com1
Tone Analyzer | IBM Watson Developer Cloud

Helps users understand the tones that are present in text
Looks quite similar to Google Text Analysis, however, the example they have on the site is of a chat conversation, email message, corporate announcement. I think you could probably do the same with Google Text Analysis so it will be interesting to see the difference in results during any testing

Features:

• Language
  • Sentiment
  • Sentences
  • Entities

Google Text Translate

Uses the Google Translate that you will all know to return the following information

You provide it with a source language a target language and the text you want to translate and it produces a text output
This becomes more powerful in conjunction with Text Analysis because you may want to translate text prior to analyzing it in order to maintain consistent key phrases and grouping and additionally you need to know what language the original text is in before you can translate it
As you will see if you try any of these out there are different categories as well as the basic sentiment, entities etc which could also be utilized. For example, IBM Watson Text Analysis comes with additional attributes such as Emotion, Language Style and Social Tendencies which I believe can be accessed using the same API but this would require a little more investigation to be certain. An example of this output can be seen below:

It also gives you words for the emotions rather than just a number (excuse the code)

In terms of cost there is no cost for using the UiPath activities, they come as part of the software when you purchase a license. However, there is a cost associated with using a certain number of API calls per month which is a Microsoft or Google charge and is highlighted on the their websites. All utilities can be used free of charge for trial purposes. I believe they work on a pay-per-transaction basis but this may vary between providers.

8 Likes

I’ve created an example using the Microsoft Text Analysis. The robot gets the message from the first column of the tickets.xlsx excel file and writes back the sentiment and the key phrases.
I’ve used a Get Password activity at the beginning of the process. Enter the key there and run the workflow.
Cognitive.zip (9.2 KB)

5 Likes

For those who are interested in cognitive services and those who may still lookup this post for support, even if it is already an older one: On https://ikava.ch/robolab you can download a custom UiPath activity that allows to consume also the Google Speech to Text API from within UiPath. The downloadable *.zip file also contains a manual with detailed instructions how to setup a Google Cloud Account and API key (english and german).

3 Likes

where did you downloaded the Uipath Cognitive Services Activities Pack?? thank you!

Hello @jgomez67

You can download the UiPath Cognitive Services Activities Pack from the manage packages dialog:

Regards,
Susana

I tried your workflow, however i keep getting error:

Any solution to this?

Edit: Getting the same error with the example from @Teodor_Hoaghea

Hi,

I think the variable (should be an array or a list) you’re trying to iterate through was not initialised and it has no elements.
Check this and let me know.

The variable keyPhrases only accepts IEnumerable string…

Any solutions to this one? @Teodor_Hoaghea, @Langdeel :slight_smile: