Uipath click activities problem

There are some click activities in the sequence. They worked fine in my computer. However, some of the click activities are not working when I moved the uipath folder(including screenshot) to another computer.
Here is an example, the activity is Capture

And its selector information:

I used this activity to click the excel/word because UIpath will not work on it after opening excel/word. If the code is moving to another computer, I need to capture new screenshot for this activity to run it. But I need to copy the code to many devices. Are there any solution to avoid this happened?

1 Like

Hello,

I have a few questions for you.

1. Are all the computers going to use the same excel file?
  2. Have you put the excel file in identical folders on all computers?
1 Like

Have you heard of Dynamic Selector?
use Asterisk (*) where ever applicable
this might help.
search for similar post in Forum before creating a duplicate one.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, VirajN.
All computers use the same excel file and I put the excel file in all computers under same path.

1 Like

And have your also put the entire process folder which includes .local, .screenshots main.xaml and project.json files in the same folder path?

1 Like

Yes, I put all these files in the same folder path. There are about 20 click activities, and only the clicking excel is not working for other computers.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, I do not quite understand how to do dynamic selector. My selector is:

Can you help me changing it so that other computers can use it?

1 Like

@Ivan_Tang

You Can click on repair and attach on the changed element.

1 Like

Were you able to repair the selector using the suggestion given by @Vijay_Tulsalkar

If not can you please share your xaml file so that we can have a look into it.

1 Like

Hi @Ivan_Tang,

Use dynamic selector & try

1 Like

If you just want control to go to that particular window you can use attach window, and if only one excel file is opened at a time you can omit the properties as title and cls, these two value will be depends on the which version of excel you are using and the in windows how title generates for that particular applications.

1 Like