UiPath Attended bot program

Hi,

I have written a UiPath attended bot program for my workplace.
My Question is :smile:

1. As UiPath program cannot be compiled into a executable file, how do I roll it out to the users?

2. Can I protect my code and program so that to ensure the related users does not have access to the code ?

Please advise.

Hi @HENRY_CHAI ,

Question:
“how do I roll it out to the users?”
Answer: Use the Orchestrator, first to publish your code, then to connect the other user stations to the orchestrator and, finally to deploy your uploaded program to their workstations

Question: “Can I protect my code and program so that to ensure the related users does not have access to the code ?”
Answer: Use the Orchestrator. Once your code is published on Orchestrator the users that use it cannot change it

A lot of useful information can be found here

Hope this helps
Best regards,
Marius

Hi Marius,

Thank U for the reply.

Does this means regardless whether it is a Attended or a UnAttended bot program, the Orchestrator need to be used ?

Also for the user’s end, on their machine (desktop pc), the UiPath Client software will also need to be installed correct?

Please advise.

Thanking U in advance

Hi @HENRY_CHAI ,

You can use an Attended or a UnAttended bot program without the Orchestrator, but if you want to control multiple UiPath Robots in executing repetitive business processes you have to use the Orchestrator.

Orchestrator lets you manage the creation, monitoring, and deployment of resources in your environment.
It acts as an integration point with third-party solutions and applications.
Its power comes from its capability of managing your entire Robot fleet.

For more details, you can check this topic

On their workstations, you need to install UiPath Robot Only - Recommended if you only need to execute automation projects on that machine

Best regards,
Marius

Hi Marius,

Thank U so much for the reply.