UiPath Assistant (22.4) not showing string array input argument

I published a process and it has three input arguments: two with type string and one with type string array. Input arguments are shown correctly in Orchestrator, e.g. in package explorer and process settings:

However, when I try to run process via Assistant, only string types of arguments are shown:

Is there a bug with Assistant (2022.4) of not showing string array input arguments, or am I missing something?

Hi @EevaHanninen,

I have not crossed checked the behaviour, but one thing I always forget is to update the package in the process within the orchestrator folder. May be this is the case?

You may have updated and published the package, but could it be that the process in question is not updated to the newest package (where you have input array argument?). This way the assistant only shows you two arguments (from previous version of your package) and not three (your newest version of the package)?

If you already have updated and if it still occurs then surely this is worth a bug report. If so you can report this bug here in this topic : Latest Feedback/Assistant topics - UiPath Community Forum

1 Like

Taken from:

1 Like

Right, so it seems like it’s kind of a missing feature / bug.

Yes, I did update the process. Seems like this is a missing feature / bug.

I changed the type of this topic to bug.

1 Like

Hi @EevaHanninen,

The documentation image from @ppr covers the why.

Here is a workaround:

What We have done in some assistant automations is we give the user input fields to use any kind of separator and we split the input string to get array of inputs.

This way you can for now use string inputs with given user separator and split it in your code to get access to the different values.

1. A string input (with separator)
  2. A Boolean asking the user if they want to split multiple values
  3. A separator of their choice (the same separator they used in Step 1)

I know this is not ideal, but that’s what is possible now without waiting for a fix / new feature.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.