UiPath Apps WebPage Security Roles Access

Hi,
I’m building an simple app to provide access within my company to request a support ticket. I have few doubts before i start putting efforts in building complete apps. Kindly help and clarify my question i anyone has idea about UiPath apps.

1. Can i create security roles like admin, superuser & users and give apps webpage access accordingly in a single UiPath apps?

2. How can i provide access to 800+ employees to this app?

3. Can UiPath Apps manage the load of 800+ employees? Lets say 10+ employees access at a time?

4. Can i create multiple webpages and give security role access restrictions on webpages based on the roles created?

5. How UiPath apps license works?:slight_smile:

6. Can i add Upload attachment in the UiPath apps?

I know it too many questions but i really need answers.

Thank you for your support.

regards,
STK

1 Like

Are you talking about on-prem or cloud?

The solution is on cloud…!! But does it matter if solution in on cloud or on-perm?

1 Like

I have developed a few applications on the cloud. According to my experience, you can share applications with the people who are available in your automation instance. But you cannot share it as a public. I think there is no license cost for apps as of now. There are pre-build user roles that you can use to give access to the app. This is my experience

Thanks for the info Thanu…
I saw there are only two roles Co-Author (Edit & Run) & User (Can run). I wanted to know whether we can apply security roles based on’ the web pages to give access to a particular page only in the app? Once the user login to the app it should show him pages only the access provided to him.
Is it possible?

1 Like

That is not possible as per my experience. We cannot create custom roles for user as of now

[quote=“Shaik_Tharim, post:1, topic:404861”]
n simple app to provide access within my company to request a support ticket. I have few doubts before i start putting efforts in building complete apps. Kindly help and clarify my question i anyone has idea about UiPath apps.

1. Can i create security roles like admin, superuser & users and give apps webpage access accordingly in a single UiPath apps?
    Arvind - There is no such feature for different roles, you can create a role to define separately to give run access or you can give all the member of organization to run access at once. you can either give run or edit and run access to any user who is into your Tenant AAD.
  2. How can i provide access to 800+ employees to this app?
    [/quote] Arvind - you can create a role in orchestrator and then add role n app and keep adding user into role. else you can enable all the organization user a run access.
  3. Can UiPath Apps manage the load of 800+ employees? Lets say 10+ employees access at a time?
    Arvind - It depends how is your integration touchpoint. If you are using data service then wont be any issue. But if you have integrated with process then you need to see which license you are using attended or unattended reason if you are using unattended then this goes into queue and once completed then other process run so there is a huge performance issue for single user and for 800 i can say there will be huge load. UI Path is working on fixing this issue.
  4. Can i create multiple webpages and give security role access restrictions on webpages based on the roles created?
    Arvind - you can create multiple page but access is only two type Run or edit run and you can give this on App level not on the page level.
  5. How UiPath apps license works?
    Arvind - UI path can answer better heheh :slight_smile:
  6. Can i add Upload attachment in the UiPath apps?
    Arvind - Yes you can upload document to storage bucket there are rules to upload file into storage bucket.

Hope I have clear your query !! Cheers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the detailed information.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.