UiPath Apps Public Preview

@evan.cohen @Venkata_Rajendran
Hi,
I have created a page in an app, from app studio it’s working fine but while previewing it’s distorted. Kindly help!

After preview:

1 Like

hi @shubhiyadav: Would you mind sharing the app file as an export? It will help us look at the issue more closely and help in figuring out why this discrepancy between design and run time.

1 Like

Hi @Venkata_Rajendran,

Though i have fixed it using lot of trial and error but it’s a bug and i will share the file with you over messages in forum so that you guys can analyse. Good day :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Great Job.

1 Like

@Venkata_Rajendran @sudheern @Sheetal_Kamble:
Is there way to add logic in Apps where clicking on + icon will create new textbox below existing textbox, functionality pretty similar to Multiple Assign activity in UIPath.
If not then is there a way to use same textbox (clear the existing values) and re-enter

1 Like

Hi @devashish1989: We don’t have the ability to dynamically add controls based on an event.

However, we might be able to achieve your requirements using hidden property and using rules.

For example, based on a value in a text box, you can decide to show or hide other fields in an app using rules.

Please see the attached app file and gif for referenceHide show fields
Show hide Fields.zip (4.5 KB)

5 Likes

@Venkata_Rajendran @sudheern @shubhiyadav
1.)Is there a way to get message box unlike show message in create rule which has disappear secs setting
2.)How to make fields required. As i want to throw error if anyone of the 2 fields is empty.
Its not working plz review the screenshot:

1 Like

Hi @devashish1989:

You can create a page and use them as a dialog.

Please check the attached app for reference. I have created a page called mandatory dialog and used that as a dialog
Dialog App (2).zip (9.6 KB)

2 Likes

I can’t open the download file ( Apps Tutorial Sample Process ) in Studio. Why is that and what should I do to resolve this problem?

1 Like

after a long times waiting, shows this dialog:

1 Like

@Venkata_Rajendran: Thank you so much for the help and quick response
how do I display out_arg from workflow in new webpage as pop. I tried using text label with value binding to out_arg from workflow but it did not workimage

1 Like

Hi @devashish1989. Today Process arguments are page-scoped so you can use process arguments only within the page where the process is executed. Since the pop_out is displayed as a separate page, the pop_out page cannot use the process argument value from another page.

We have a roadmap work item to make process app scoped instead of page-scoped. You can solve this problem currently using App Variables. App variables are app scoped. Set the output of the process to an app variable and set the app variable to this label in the pop out page.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your input. The workaround worked.:grin:

1 Like

@Venkata_Rajendran: When I’m updating process in orchestrator to new pkg version but same is not reflecting in apps > process it is still showing older version in property

1 Like

HI @devashish1989: The process gets updated properly while the version still shows the old one. This is a known bug. The fix for this will be available in a couple of weeks.

2 Likes

Hey @Venkata_Rajendran,

I want to start a process with a rule on dropdown. Process gets input from the selected value of the dropdown and outputs two string argument. When the process is started from dropdown, it doesn’t give any output. But from the logs I can see it works and gives the desired outputs.

Then, for testing I put a button to start the process, it worked perfectly and updated all the output areas. Is there a problem with dropdown or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you.

1 Like

@Venkata_Rajendran: Not able to get DataTable columns in Apps.

1 Like

It will work fine after 1-2 refresh or few mins just trying closing browser amd opening again @devashish1989

1 Like

@Parth_Doshi: not able to get datatable columns in apps

1 Like

For the first time run it from Orchestrator then it will show here.
Hope this helps.

2 Likes