UiPath App Studio improvement

Hi everyone,

I’m a UiPath developer in a company and in the past days we were developing a Demo App with the aim to present it to clients and potentially implement an app for their projects.

UiPath Apps are a good idea but there are some pretty basic things a developer can’t do and would let the developement become faster and more efficient.
I wrote a list of improvements that came in my mind. Here’s the list:

• The possibility to scale elements based on window size (not just percentage)
  • The possibility to check an input element as “mandatory” or not and to show a user defined error message if that field is empty
  • The possibility to copy/paste a rule inside another rule or inside the actions of another element
  • The possibility to drag/drop a rule inside another one (for example drag a rule inside the then/else branch of the if rule)
  • The possibility to “save” an expression to reuse it inside multiple elements
  • The possibility to resize app studio panels
  • The possibility to move an element inside another from the page tree panel
  • The possibility to let an element stick to a particular position of the page even on user scrolling
  • A basic debugger

Thank you for all of these suggestions @Turnu_Alessandro! We’re working on nearly all of these at the moment, but I do have some clarifying questions:

The possibility to scale elements based on window size (not just percentage)
Can you share an example of a specific scenario here? Not sure if you’re looking for viewport scaling, responsive, or something else entirely.

The possibility to check an input element as “mandatory” or not and to show a user defined error message if that field is empty
This is already possible via expressions, but we’re working on some additional enhancements for field validation (eg marking as required).

The possibility to let an element stick to a particular position of the page even on user scrolling
Is the scenario you have in mind here a sticky navbar (eg navbar scrolls with window) or sticking the header of a table to the top of the screen as users scroll through the data so they can see the field names?

A basic debugger
What kinds of capabilities would you be looking for here? Any specific scenarios you’re trying to troubleshoot?

Thanks again!
Evan