UiPath Academy L4 Recording part1- Basic and Desktop recording does not select the "Font" drop down under Format tab

Hi guys,

I’m in lesson 4 of the Foundation training level 1, trying to do the recorder example: Type into notepad, change the font. This seems a very basic example but yet it does not work. And leading me to a hell lot of frustration while learning.
While recording when clicking on “Format” it opens the list where to select “Wrap Text” or “Font” but nothing gets selected in single click resulting in when running the recorded workflow it does not click any further after “Format”.

I’m really frustrated and would love some advice on how to fix this .Please help me on this. Thanks in advance.!!

1 Like

@kamalgairola
Could you share your xaml file?
I was able to use the recorder just now to open the font window as expected.

1 Like

Hi @kamalgairola

Just guessing did you try to press F2 to select the font or maybe elaborate more here to address the issue Thanks :smiley:

cheers:D

Happy learning :smiley:

Main.xaml (9.3 KB)

Still no luck. “Font” option does not even get clicked in single click when recorder is open.

I tried to record as guided in lesson4 video and recorded the workflow, and pressing F2 was not suggested there. But when I am recording the flow then “Font” text does not get clicked, this makes suspicious as this did not happen in tutorial video. And while running the saved recording, exactly at the same point execution gets stopped.
After hitting Format tab it gets stuck by following an error message:

RemoteException wrapping UiPath.Core.ElementOperationException: Timeout reached. —> RemoteException wrapping System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Timeout reached.
at UiPath.UiNodeClass.BringIntoView()
at UiPath.Core.UiElement.BringToForeground()
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Core.Activities.TaskAsyncCodeActivity`1.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

1 Like

Hi @kamalgairola

I tried to validate your xaml and i figure out that you are seeking for the font that is not available in the list.

Hope this might be helpful to you!

cheers :smiley:

Thanks for analyzing the xaml. But my struggle is to click on the selector provided for clicking the Font text(“Format>Font”), as it gets stuck on “Format” only and does not go beyond that. Font window is at all not getting displayed for me as selector for “Font…” is not getting validated. Were you able to land to Font window by using this XAML?

You can see below that , here after Format it does not click on Font itself. :worried:

Hi @kamalgairola

Yes see image for your reference.

Hi @kamalgairola

Note : that your xaml run only if you have a notepad running. also removed the title in the selector and also check if you have multiple notepad running in your desktop.

Hope your issue resolved and if not please feel free to reach out to our community :smiley: