UIPATH-ABBYY Connector, 100% certainty recognition is not achieved

Hi Everyone,

We have an issue regarding the value of “Certainly Recognized Characters” when we process the documents in an “Unattended” workflow. We wish to process the documents with a 100% certainty of recognition of characters, apparently, we are only getting 91% in average.

We currently believe that when we set PDF text layer instead of OCR in the “Processing of PDF”, we will achieve the 100% value. But still we dont achieve the targeted 100% certainty.

Furthermore, does the priority of batch or the documents in the verification stage affects the certainty of recognition? As when the value of “Certainly Recognized Characters” is less than 100%, priority is shown as “NORMAL”. I already defined the priority as “Highest” in hte batch type properties, but why is it processed as “Normal”.

We are using a UIPATH-ABBYY Connector tool to process the documents. The version that we have is ABBYY Flexicapture 12_Distributed.

We appreciate your help.

please noted that, you will never have 100% at least your PDF quality meet ABBYY requirement.

“Does the priority of batch or the documents in the verification stage affects the certainty of recognition?”
=>no. U set ur workflow as unattended, it’s mean will never go to verification stage.

I already defined the priority as “Highest” in hte batch type properties, but why is it processed as “Normal”.
=>where are you defiend it? project setting or batch setting?

Hi irahmat. Thank you for your response.

“please noted that, you will never have 100% at least your PDF quality meet ABBYY requirement.”
==> is there a way to meet the ABBYY requirement for PDF quality? the documents we are processing are native pdf.

I defined the priority as “Highest” in both batch type setting and project setting.

I reviewed the manual for the ABBYY-UIPATH connector tool and ended up getting a 100% certainty of recognition of character when I selected the “For each image file” to create document in the Image Processing tab of Batch TYpe Properties. But with this setting, it seems we may have a problem with the output as ABBYY will process even if the Document Definition is not applicable.

you pdf quality must be 300dpi.

have you tried an other option “Automatically when Document Definition is Applied” I always use this setting and so far no problem.

I guess you need to apply the document definition if you want to export to the Media.

Hello!

I was using “Automatically when Document Definition is Applied”. Apparently, the certainty of recognition of characters becomes LESS than 100%. My client wants a 100% recognition so I switched to set “For each image file” to create document in the Image Processing tab of Batch Type Properties, then, the results were 100% recognized.

please don’t guarantee 100% of abbyy result to your customer because you cannot control the quality of PDF.

even though the pdf is native or generated by System, ABBYY not guarantee able to give 100% constantly.

Hi irahmat.

Thank you for your advice. i agree, it’s a matter to discuss to our client.

regards,

no problem. Please close this topic if you think my solution satisfy you.

Based on @irahmat 's response, “U set ur workflow as unattended, it’s mean will never go to verification stage.”, I just found other way to show a 100% recognition of characters. By unchecking “Requires verification” of each field in the Document Section.

that cheating way. u will found the recognized value will not same as original pdf.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.