UIExplorer Not Allowing Interactive Selection of ViewPort in Java Application

I recall earlier versions of UIExplorer enabled the ability to interactively move the mouse and highlight (indicate) a ViewPort in a Java SunAWT application. However, the current version (21.10.3), does not appear to work the same way.

To reproduce:

1. Open any Java SunAWT window that has a JViewPort.
  2. In UIExplorer, try to indicate the JViewPort element.

Workaround:
After interactively selecting the actual label (see image), it is possible to use UIExplorer’s tree to select and highlight the viewport.

Analysis:

I believe the viewport (and all child nodes inside a SunAWT window) should be selectable from UIExplorer using the mouse.

Can you acknowledge this as an issue or otherwise or, if this is the intended behavior, explain why UIExplorer does not permit interactively selecting these types of Java child elements?

Hi @grosner

Have you enabled the java bridge in your machine if not you can enable it by navigating to Control Panel\Ease of Access\Ease of Access Center\Make the computer easier to see.
After enabling restart the uipath and try to capture the element.

Regards,
Sanjit Pal

Yes. It was enabled.
java bridge

Hi @grosner ,

Is there anything, in particular, that needs to be done over the viewport (clicks), or the problem is just not being able to select it?

UIA - 20.12 → we adopted this new behavior.
UIA - 20.10 → old behavior is still available, however, the selection result is the Tree object, not the Viewport.

Yes, In particular, I wanted to use UIExplorer to select the java viewport. This enables getting a selector for use in identifying the viewport size and location attributes.

Recall that the Find Element activity may find an element in the java tree that is outside of the view port’s boundaries, so additional verification is needed to confirm the foundElement is available within the viewport’s boundaries. I can accomplish this, but my issue was specifically with using UIExplorer to select the viewport.

I believe the old behavior should be included, if possible, along with the new behavior, in a future update.

Thanks, however for confirming the change in behavior! I could not find any documentation decribing this particular change.

Ok, we will change the behavior such that indicating an empty spot in the Viewport will return the JTree element, as it did before 20.10 (included).

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.