Ui path studio assignment 6 help

Hi,

was working on the assignment 6 on selectors. However got stuck in the below error

19.7.0+Branch.master.Sha.8c253d13718eed5c7db27daef6facd1fe1b0d067

Source: Attach Browser ‘firefox.exe Automation’

Message: Invalid selector: . Expected a selector. Please make sure that you indicate a browser tab element.

Exception Type: UiPath.Core.BrowserOperationException

RemoteException wrapping UiPath.Core.BrowserOperationException: Invalid selector: . Expected a selector. Please make sure that you indicate a browser tab element. —> RemoteException wrapping System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Invalid selector: . Expected a selector. Please make sure that you indicate a browser tab element.
at UiPath.UiBrowserClass.Find(String bstrSelector)
at UiPath.Core.Browser.Find(Selector selector, IVariableResolver resolver)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.EndExecute(NativeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at UiPath.Core.Activities.AsyncNativeActivity.BookmarkResumptionCallback(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

and my selector look likes below

Please help me to understand why i am getting the above error , i am just trying follow the walk through steps

Hi @thelakbe

Welcome to the community!!

Looks like the selector you have provided for the attach browser activity is wrong. For the attach browser, you have to provided a selector for a open browser window so that it can use that selector to identify which browser window/ tab you want to work on with the rest of the activities you have inside the attach browser activity. So, once you add the attach browser activity, click on the three lines and selector on indicate element on screen. Then, once the indication mode is active, use it to select the browser window you will be working on…

This will help you to fix the issue…

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for response. I did select as mentioned in the above response and it’s working (no result).However, as per assignment 6 after indicating the browser tab with the help of relative selectors we need to choose relative element first name and modify the selectors as shown above, after doing that I am getting the above error

alright… So lets do this to figure out which one of those are throwing the error.

Right click on the attach browser and click on Toggle break point. This will add a red color circle next to attach browser. Now run the program in Debug mode. This will allow you to gain control of the execution once it reach the attach browser. Once it gets there, the activity will be highlighted in yellow. Now do a step by step execution.
So once it get to attach browser, and you click on next step, if it moves to the next step, that means the selector of the attach browser is fine. So like wise do a step by step to locate which activity is throwing the error. Then, based on that, we’ll get together and fix the problem selector :slight_smile:

Let me know how it goes…

Hi Fernando,
Followed steps as suggested by you above, please find below screen shot

the below is the exercise which i am doing currently

Hi Fernando,
Shared debugging details of the above issue, could you please help me on this?