UI elements missing in Notepad

I am going through the basics course in UIPath Academy but I am having problems with notepad because most of the UI elements are not visible. In UIPath Explorer I only see EDIT and msctls_statusbar32 below ‘notepad.exe Untitled’ and nothing below them. I’d appreciate any advice!

Hi,
I have replicated the scenario it does have all the attaribute in tree format you just need to click and expand and add the attribute you want as selector.

Sorry but no. When I expand mine there is nothing underneath.

could you please reset and try.

No change :frowning:

I have also tried getting admin access (it’s normally restricted due to our company security settings). No joy there either.

can you try with other application too like web or any other windows app.
Is it behaving same for other application?

Others appear to be OK but tbh I would not know if something was missing!. E.g. calculator (C button)

Hi @SteveWh,
I am also facing the same problem since last few days. May be some security issues of Operating system has been updated which dont allow the UiPath’s activity to cross over that.
You can see that if you try to get text for the result pane of calculator also, you will get a blank message box without the actual data,

@Corneliu_Niculite @andrzej.kniola @badita Awaiting your inputs for the same.

Regards,
Jiban

Thanks. Nice to know it’s not just me!

1 Like

Hi @SteveWh,
Finally you have to register the Regsvr32 OLEACC.DLL in command prompt.
Note: You should have the admin rights before doing this.

1. Open Command Prompt with Admin Rights.
  2. Type regsvr32.exe oleacc.dll and hit enter.
  3. You will get a confirmation Popup.

Check after performing 1-3.
Regards,
Jiban

Hooray!! It works. Thanks very much @jibanjyoti (and I still have some hair left) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Does this apply to a 64bit os?

Yes. Give a try because 64 bit is the Operating system. Uipath setup installs the required files in “Program Files X86” folder.