UI automation on web application

Hi, I want to automate a process in web application. The interface is similar like in “regedit” windows.

save.

There are some folder which need to be double click to be able to see the folder inside. What I want to do is to open the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then click SECURITY. I have succed on the first process.

However, the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE doesn’t reset to “closed” after the first process is done.
So the next time I run the process again, the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE get clicked into “closed” condition and finally can’t find SECURITY.

I want to create an automation to check if the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE state is “closed” or “opened”. If the state is “opened”, then I want to skip the click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE process.

What is the ideal way to do this? I imagine using workflow flow decision. But if anybody can elaborate which function I need to use. It would be a great help!

Hi ,
You could use image exist relative to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to checked whether its expanded( arrow would be downwards >) or not.
Depends on the conditon you can proceed with finding security tab else skip.

There are other ways too. :wink: Try above and let me know.

HI ddpadil, what to do after checking? do I need to use like workflow condition?

I want to create an automation to check if the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE state is “closed” or “opened”. If the state is “opened”, then I want to skip the click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE process.

How to skip the process ?

simple
Image exist returns Boolean value
Use if condition to check
if true then proceed with click on security else do further operation on already exists window.
You can find image exist example in the forum in case you need reference.

actually what I need is this “Image exist returns Boolean value”.
Can you show me which site/section explaining about this? It would be a great help for me.
I am sorry, I am new to UIPath

sure . np :slight_smile:
example1
example2

1 Like

I create variable and set default as false. Then the output for image exist is to set the variable into true.
then in the if else condition, I check if the variable is true, if true, then click.
is it like that?

Thanks!

You shouldn’t do this.
.Net provides support for registry operations; see: Registry Class (Microsoft.Win32) | Microsoft Learn

Adrian.