"Type into"

I set up a “type into” container with a variable: city + “weather in fahrenheit” and then a “send hot key” + enter.

I test run it by entering a city but it comes out wrong every time. I can’t figure out why it doesn’t put in the correct spelling.

1 Like

Can you explain this further?
Maybe you should try
city + " weather in fahrenheit"

And please make sure city is of type string or you can do:
city.ToString + " weather in fahrenheit"

2 Likes

Hi @E_Ozeroff,
Can you show how you variable “city” is declared/set?

2 Likes

Buddy @E_Ozeroff

enable the simulate type property or sendwindowmessage property in the type into activity properties

Like this (any one)

Cheers

1 Like

Thanks Jan. I should have realized to set the variable to string when I created the variable" city. It seems that @Palaniyappan’s suggestion helped fix it up. First time hearing about SimulateType.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip @Palaniyappan. Just started learning about UiPath. Still got a long way to go.

1 Like

@Pablito
At the beginning of the sequence, I added an “input dialog” container and created the variable “city” in the output section: Result in properties. It seemed that the issues with in the type-into container and “SimulateType”

Thanks for the help

2 Likes

Thats amazing buddy @E_Ozeroff The reason why i didn’t mention to change as string is when you have a created the variable with ctrl+k, the default type will be Generic (unless you go and create a variable in variable panel where the default type will be string)
and the generic type wont impact as this type can be taken as any type while its been used like it can even string, boolean, integer, etc…but it’s good practice to use as string as @Jan_Brian_Despi mentioned

Kindly close this topic with the right comment marked as solution that could help others looking for solution under your topic…:slight_smile:

Cheers

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.